Chapter 37

"What are you doing, Marc?" She asked as she walked by his room later that morning and saw him bundling up some rope.

"Working with my new rope," he explained.

"New rope?" She asked standing in the doorway.

"Yep, come here Beautiful," he nodded. She walked over to the bed, and he smiled. "Go ahead and ask."

"Why do you have rope?" She asked as she watched him make a knot then undo it.

"Because I like to practice shibari," he explained. She looked at him confused, "It's the practice of tying up my loved ones in a safe way while we are intimate. I can make some beautiful designs on your body and it's all about trust and communication."

"Like tying my hands to the headboard?" she asked, and he nodded.

"That's one way, or behind your back and your feet to the end of the bed or your hands to your side, there's so many different ways," he explained as he pulled a book out of his nightstand and handed it to her. "Look if you want."

She sat beside him and opened the book to see it was an explanation of Shibari and various pictures of all sorts of positions and designs.

"And the guys like this?" she asked as she continued to flip through the pages.

"Yes," he nodded, "but it's because we have trust in one another. I trust them to tell me if the ropes are too tight or a position is not comfortable, and they trust me to listen to their needs."

"Have...have..." she cleared her throat and tried again, "have..."

"Have they ever needed to safe word?" He offered and she nodded, "Yes they have, and I immediately stopped to release them."

"Didn't that upset you?" she asked, and he smiled.

"No," he said honestly. "My love for them is more important than my likes. I loved them more for being honest with me. That's why safe words are so important to us."

"What if I try this and suddenly have an attack and can't say a safe word?" she asked quickly flipping pass a page that she didn't like.

"We watch for signs from your body that you can't handle something. If we feel like you can't safe word then we stop and assess how you are doing or care for you," he explained taking the book from her since she wasn't looking at it anymore. "I've had to stop with the guys when they couldn't safe word before, it's part of learning how each of us respond to one another. I've had to safe word with them on some of their likes as well."

"What if I already know something that I would safe word on?" She asked.

"Then you should tell us, so we know not to do that ahead of time," he said softly.

"When they did the hysterectomy on me, they had my wrists and ankles strapped down with those leather cuffs like straight jackets straps," she whispered. "I don't think I can handle being tied down like that again even with ropes and not those cuffs."

"That's good to know, Beautiful," he nodded. "I'll never do that to you, I promise." She sniffled and he kissed her. "Would you like to try something and see if you feel okay with it? You don't have to just because I like this. I'm perfectly okay not using my ropes on you."

She hugged him and when she finally pulled away, she nodded, "Yeah, it's a good idea to practice."

"Why don't you pick out a rope?" He asked pulling her up to lead her to the closet. She gasped seeing the various colored ropes hanging up. "They have different textures also. Pick anyone you want, Beautiful," he said watching her touch them.

When she pointed to a royal blue one, he nodded, and she handed it to him. "What should my safe word be?" she asked nervously.

"Pick any word you want that you won't normally say doing our special time together," he said setting the rope on the bed then started unbuttoning her shirt slowly so she could stop him if she wanted.

"Um...popsicle," she said giggling.

"Good girl," he said sliding the shirt down her arms. "I'm not going to remove your bra or panties since we are just practicing, unless you want me to."

"You can," she whispered, "if we want to know all my triggers then we need to be realistic in our practices."

"Oh Beautiful," He groaned as he kissed her.

"Damn, what a sight to walk into," Axel groaned as he came into the room. "What are we doing here?"

"Beautiful is curious about shibari and we are practicing to see if she has any triggers to it," Marc explained as he dropped her shirt to the floor. "I already know one hard limit ahead of time."

"Can I join, Doll?" Axel asked shutting the door behind him.

"Yes," she nodded making him come over to her and undo her bra allowing it to join her shirt.

"What's your safe word, Beautiful?" Marc asked as he started to undo the rope.

"Popsicle."

"And?" he asked looking her in the eyes as Axel slid her shorts and panties down.

"It's okay for me to safe word."

"Good girl."