Chapter 13

Luna got out of her car and looked up at the building as her nerves began to race. Night pressed into her side and she took in the comfort he sent her. Taking a deep breath she slowly let it out then took another. Night whined and she smiled then nodded.

"Miss Luna! Night! Miss Luna! Night!"

She smiled as she walked into the classroom and was instantly surrounded by the children. "Hello, my sweet children," She beamed as she hugged all of the tightly. This is what she needed.

While the day was long and hard, it also gave her peace. Once the day was over, another teacher helped with the pick up line and she remained in the classroom, wanting to get started on all the work that she had missed.

"How did I know I would find you here, Miss Teacher?"

Luna jumped and clutched her chest, "Mr. Taylor," she gasped as she tried to slow her racing heart. "What? What can I do for you? Is Skye okay?" She watched as the blonde haired, mischievous eyed man walked toward her desk with a smirk on his lips.

"She's in a much better mood now," Luke smiled. "Couldn't stop talking about how her favorite teacher was back."

"I'm her only teacher," she said as she picked up the pen that she had dropped.

"Which makes you her favorite obviously," he chuckled as he put his hands on her desk and leaned over slightly. "Miss Teacher," he whispered as he looked into her blue eyes.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Taylor?" She asked clearing her throat then looked back down at the planner she was working on.

"Doc said you weren't answering your phone and we wanted to make sure you were doing okay," he said softly and honestly.

"I am fine," she said without looking up, "thank you for your concern but I am doing well."

He walked over to her and crouched down to her level. He slowly turned her chair and took her hands in his. "It's okay if you aren't," he whispered. "We would be surprised if this place didn't make you anxious with everything that happened."

She blinked in surprise then cleared her throat and slowly removed her hands from his, "Well...well, I'm okay. Um...taking it day by day," she said pushing her hair behind her ear. "Is," She cleared her throat again, "is that all you came for, Mr. Taylor? You can let Dr. Green know that I am okay and I just forgot to turn my phone off of silent once school was over. I apologize for the worry."

"It's nothing to worry about," he smiled softly. "I was on my way home from the bakery so I took a lucky guess and figured you would be here and I was right."

"Yes," she said turning back to her desk, "I have a lot of work to make up."

"It can wait for another day, Miss Teacher," he chuckled as he spun her back to him. "It's ten at night and you need to rest."

"Is it really?" She asked shocked and he held out his phone. She gasped and shook her head, "I guess I lost track of time."

"Which means, you missed lunch and dinner," he chuckled. "Yeah, Skye told us you didn't have lunch and with you still being here, it's safe to assume you didn't eat dinner either."

"I'll make something once I get home," she said sighing.

"Nope," he shook his head and stood. "Come on Miss Teacher, let's get you home. The guys are already having something sent to your place."

"What?" She asked shocked and he chuckled as he shut her planner and pulled her up to stand, pleased when she didn't protest. Night just yawned and stretched.

"I called to let them know you were here when I saw your car in the parking lot," he explained as he picked up her purse and handed it to her. "Come on, Miss Teacher, let's get you home."

"What? Are you going to follow me the whole way?" She asked as she pulled her car keys out of her purse. He took the keys from her and smirked as she looked at him shocked. "But what about your car and how will you get back if you drive mine?"

"Don't you worry about me, Miss Teacher," he smirked as he unlocked her car and held the passenger door open. Night jumped in then laid in the back. "I am catching a ride back with whoever brings you and Night some dinner."

"Okay," she said as he buckled her up.

"Are you going to be okay staying here by yourself, Cupcake?" he asked gently as he pulled up to her house. "I mean I know you have Night but still."

"I'll be fine," she nodded. "It's my home."

"Fine," he sighed, "but if you need anything, anything at all, I want you to call us, okay?"

She smiled softly up at him, "I promise."