Chapter 27

"Look who I found," Luke chuckled as he walked into the living room, his hand tightly holding Luna's as he pulled her up to his side. "Silly girl thought she hit send but actually didn't."

"Leave her alone, we all do that," North said walking over to her, "Come on Baby, let's get you something to eat."

"I...um...I...," She gripped her shirt and started twisting it.

"What's wrong, Baby?" North asked gently. She glanced at Luke then back to her hands and a couple of tears dropped on to her hands. "What did you do, Lucian? Why is Baby crying?" He asked pulling her into his chest. "What's wrong Baby? Tell me and I'll beat him up."

"I didn't do anything!" Luke protested then froze, "Oh well, I kinda did kiss her a couple of times. You worried about it being a problem, Miss Teacher?"

"Oh Baby," North chuckled, "It's okay, we promise. There's no jealousy with us. Promise."

"Don't want fighting," she mumbled and he kissed the top of her head.

"I promise there will be no fighting when it comes to you."

"Promise," the rest said at the same time.

"Now can you dry your tears, Baby?" North asked rubbing her back, "you really need to eat and get some sleep."

"Oh hey Gabe Man, got a project for you," Luke snapped his fingers, "Cupcake said she needs to start planning for Valentine's day party."

"Got it," he nodded, "I'll start planning tomorrow," he said making a note of it on his phone. "We can go shopping after school tomorrow Trouble so no staying late."

"I have lessons to plan and papers to grade," she shook her head. "I can't."

"You can go shopping this weekend," Victor said setting her juice in front of her after she sat at the table. "Kota can help you with your lessons. It's really not good for you to be working so late."

"Well that's the life of a teacher," she shrugged, "especially since I got all those new students."

"At least you have that three day holiday coming up," Nathan said popping some grapes in his mouth. Once he was done chewing he shrugged, "You can take a break then."

She chuckled, "It's a student holiday not teachers," she shook her head. "I'll be having parent teacher conferences all day long. Most breaks are not breaks at all for teachers, just so you know."

"Well now you have one less parent teacher conference to worry about," Corey smirked and she nodded. "We will help you as much as we can, Sweetie."

"Oh, Skye needs to bring something tomorrow for Show and Tell that starts with the letter—"

"P, she already told us," Brandon nodded. "It's already in her backpack."

"Good," Luna said pushing her plate away. "I need to go get some more work down."

"Tomorrow," Owen shook his head, "it's late, you need some sleep."

"But I need to finish making that poster for tomorrow," she shook her head.

"What poster?" Gabe asked.

"We're working on learning and identifying parts of a story," she explained, "I have a poster that I am working on to help them learn what is the setting, characters, plot, conflict, and resolution. I need to finish it so I can hang it up tomorrow."

"I'll help," Gabe nodded, "but then off to fucking bed."

"Language," She scolded and he sighed.

"Sorry Miss Teacher."

Just as she was putting the final touches on the poster Night started whining, "alright sweet boy, let's go for a walk," she kissed his nose and put the lid on her marker.

"I got this," Gabe said taking the poster from her. "I'm sure Nathan won't mind going with you."

"Going where?" Nathan asked walking by, "Who's going where this late at night?"

"Night wants to go for a walk," Luna said slipping her shoes on.

"Alright, I'll see if Kota and Max want to go as well," Nathan nodded.

"Kota's sleeping and Max is sleeping with Skye," Victor called out. "Why?"

"Night needs to go for a walk to wind down," Nathan explained as he grabbed his leash from the wall where it was hanging up. "Thought they would like to join us."

"Don't be out too long," North called out, "it's really late."

"Yes Daddy," Luna said sarcastically while rolling her eyes. The room went completely silent, and she froze, "Sorry," she whispered.

North got up and walked over to her. He gripped her chin and sighed, "Baby, as much as I love hearing you call us that, you aren't ready for that just yet. But the day you are, mhmmm..." he growled then bent and gently kissed her. When he pulled back she was breathless, shocked from just how gentle he was. "Enjoy your walk," he said huskily before walking back into the living room.

Nathan chuckled at her dazed look, "Come on, Peanut, let's go walk your puppy."