Chapter 16

"Where is she?" Raven asked as he entered the living room the next day.

"Reading A Light in the Attic by Silverstein to Skye in the library," Kota chuckled.

"Okay," Raven said as he sat on the couch.

"You should know by now that she is more comfortable with Skye than us," Corey chuckled as he typed away on his computer.

"Da," Raven nodded.

Just then Skye came into the living room, "Read me Daddy?" she asked as she held the book out to Kota. "Miss Luna hab phone tall."

"Sure," Kota nodded as he opened the book to where the book marker was. "Alright, you comfy?"

A couple of minutes later Luna walked into the living room, "Can someone take me to my car please?" She asked nervously as Night pressed into her leg, "I have a doctor's appointment I need to get to."

"I can take you to see Doc," North said standing and she shook her head.

"It's a different doctor, I just need a lift to my car, please."

"Then can Doc meet up with you, please?" Victor asked. "We really don't feel comfortable with you being alone right now."

"I'm fine," She shook her head, "I have Night."

"Please, Miss Teacher," Luke pouted.

She sighed and smiled softly, "You are just as persistent as my children. Fine, if it will make you feel better then Dr. Green can be there."

"Yay," Luke smiled making her giggle.

"Just think about it this way, Miss Teacher," Axel smiled, "if you don't understand something then Doc can explain it to you."

"That's sweet," she nodded, "but my doctor makes sure I understand everything before I leave but thank you for trying."

"He won't tell us anything about your appointment unless you give him permission, Miss Teacher," Silas said suddenly. "He'll see it as doctor patient privacy like with all his patients."

They saw relief flash in her eyes before she masked it, "Thank you, Mr. Korba."

"Doc said perfect timing he was just finishing his shift," Kota said hanging up his phone. "Just send him the location and he will meet you there, Miss Teacher."

"Very well," she nodded. "Where's your vest, Night?"

"Here you go," Marc said entering the room with his vest and leash. Night stood still as Marc put it on then handed her the leash. "There you go, we'll see you when you get back."

"Come on, Miss Teacher," North said softly. "I have to head to my shop anyway, your car is there."

"Why is my car at your shop?" She asked confused, "it's perfectly fine."

"You were due for an oil change and the tread on your tires was bad so I took care of it," he said smirking, "and it's already finished so you can't protest."

"But—" She tried anyway.

"Come on, you don't want to be late now do you, Miss Teacher?" He smirked and she sighed then shook her head. "That's what I thought, let's go."

"Are you okay?" Sean asked as they left the clinic two hours later.

"Honestly?" She asked and he nodded. She shook her head, "No, I'm not," not being able to lie to him.

"Oh Pookie," He sighed as he pulled her into his arms. "It will be okay, I'll help you through this. We all can help you if you let us." She inhaled his lavender scent and broke into tears as she clung to him. Night whined and pressed into the both of them. "I have her, Night," he said softly as he pulled his cell out. "Come get her car," he said then hung up the phone as he picked her up and carried her over to his car. He sat down and just held her. "We have you, Pookie," he whispered over and over as he ran his fingers through her hair. After a bit, her sobs turned into soft whimpers and then there was only sniffles.

"Everything okay?" North asked as he walked up to them.

"Shhh," Sean whispered and shook his head. "No, it's not but it will be eventually."

"Get in back, Doc," Raven said as he opened the back passenger door.

The car ride was silent as North drove Sean's car and Raven drove Luna's back to the Blackbourne Mansion. Just as they pulled into the driveway she started to stir. "Shhh, go back to sleep, Pookie," Sean whispered as he ran his fingers up and down her spine, barely grazing her shirt.

"Take her to Skye's room," Silas whispered as he opened the door. "She can nap with her."

"Sean," She whispered as she curled up against Skye and Sean looked at her softly as he covered both of them up. "You can tell them."

"Okay," He nodded as she started to drift back to sleep. "It won't change how we feel about you, Luna," he whispered as he watched her sleep. "One day you will see just how much you are already ours, I promise."

He walked out of the room and once the door shut she opened her eyes and inhaled sharply, surely she had to have heard that wrong. She just had to. Skye snuggled up closer to her and Night huffed into her neck as he laid his head on her neck and went to sleep. She closed her eyes and fell asleep convinced that she heard wrong. No one would want her after everything she had been through.

Sean entered the living room and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at him. He sat on the couch and tilted his head back, closed his eyes and sighed heavily.

"Doc?" Gabe asked worried.

Sean leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees with his thumbs pressed into his eyes. "It's worse than I thought," he admitted softly. He sighed exhausted, "She gave me permission to tell you. But I have to tell you, she's going to..." He cleared his throat, "We're really going to have to prove ourselves to her over and over."

"We already know she has anxiety, Doc," Luke shook his head, "plus with that asshole, of course we're going to have show her repeatedly that we are different."

"It's more than that, Lucian," Sean shook his head. "That fucker...well, he did a number on her."

"Doc," Silas cleared his throat, "just tell us already."