Chapter 6

"How are you feeling?" Sean asked once she was done eating her sandwich.

"Better," She nodded after she wiped her mouth. "Thank you. I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he was back in town."

"We are just glad we were there," North said, "besides you had to deal with that incident of ours."

She noticed that they were careful about what they said around Skye. "Will you be okay to drive?" Silas asked with concern. "You are still shaking."

"I will in a few," she nodded. "The medicine is starting to kick in." She smiled as Skye got into her lap. "Thank you for the sandwich, it was made perfectly. It's my new favorite."

"Weltom," she smiled. "I like making it for you."

"Will it be too much if one of us drives you home?" Brandon asked. "Please?"

"That would actually be nice," she nodded. "I appreciate it."

"Great," Raven nodded. "I drive."

"I'll follow to pick you up," North nodded.

"I wide with Miss Luna?" Skye asked excitedly, "Peas?"

"As long as it is okay with Miss Luna," Owen nodded.

"Of course," Luna smiled. "Your daddies will have to put your car seat in for me. I have to get my bags, which by the way, thank you."

"You are very welcome Miss Teacher," Luke and Victor said at the same time smirking as she sighed but they spotted the faint blush on her cheeks.

"Wow, Miss Teacher, this place," North whistled as they pulled up to her house.

"Extravagant, yeah I know," she shook her head as she got out of her car. "It's been in my family since the 1800's," she said as she unlocked the plantation mansion. "There are 20 bedrooms plus a library. Honestly, I don't even use over half of the rooms. It's ridiculous for me to live here alone but," she shrugged, "it's family history. I can't part with it."

"Your family was from the south?" North asked as he looked around.

"Yes," she admitted, "but we weren't slave owners." She shook her head, "we actually were part of the underground railroad. All artifacts and evidence that I found I donated to the museums to preserve the history. I'd rather others know about it then for it to remain stuffed in the attic and basement."

"Here," Raven said as he put her bags down in the hallway. "Nice," he said looking around.

"Thank you for everything," She said as she hung her keys up. "I really appreciate it."

"Nighty nighty Miss Luna and Night," Skye said as she yawned.

"Good night," Luna smiled as she hugged her. Once they were gone she locked the door and sighed as she plopped down on the couch. The day was chaotic and she felt like she was on a roller coaster. Night gently nudged her and she smiled. "I think it's bedtime, what do you think?" He softly barked and she chuckled. "Yeah, let's head to bed."

She quickly changed and got into bed then Night jumped up to join her. She kissed his nose and turned on the TV then fell fast asleep.

"Hey Little One, what's wrong?" Kota asked as Skye walked in the following after. "Did you not have a good day at school?"

"Miss Luna leave after story time," Skye pouted as she got on the couch and crossed her arms. "She no come back all day."

"I'm sorry," Kota frowned. "Maybe she will be at school tomorrow."

"You call? See she otay?" Skye asked hopefully.

"Sure, I will as soon as I'm done with this," Kota nodded and she smiled.

"Otay, tank you Daddy," she hopped down, hugged him, then went to go get a snack.

Kota looked up at Corey who had picked her up and he shrugged. Kota grabbed his phone and sent off a quick text to the group letting them know what happened. He then sent a text to Luna but by bedtime there was still no answer.

"You hear from Miss Luna?" Skye asked as the group tucked her in.

"I'm sorry but no we haven't," Kota shook his head. "Not yet. Hopefully you will see her at school tomorrow."

"Otay," Skye nodded as she laid down.

The next day there was still no response but when Nathan brought her home she was in a slightly better mood. "Miss Luna home tummy ache, she be stool morrow. We maked get bebber cards."

"That was very kind of you," Sean smiled. "I bet it will make her feel lots better when she gets them."

She went off to go play and they looked at one another, "hopefully that is all that is wrong with her." North said softly, "Doc?"

Sean nodded, "There is a virus going around, it is a possibility."

"Try sending another text," Marc suggested. "We can bring meds and soup and anything else she might need. Maybe she will answer now that she's hopefully gotten plenty of rest."