Chapter 11

Luna woke up and looked around confused. She was in a hospital bed? Memories came flooding back and she gasped. Seconds later Sean came rushing in. "Easy Luna, calm down, here, breathe." He put the oxygen mask on her and smiled softly down at her. "There you go, nice and easy. Easy does it, Miss Teacher, you're okay. Nice and easy, we have you. You're okay, we have you, you're safe Miss Teacher."

"S...S..." She tried to gasp but winced in pain.

"Shhh, no talking," Sean shook his head. "Your throat is still healing, no talking. Doctor's orders." She nodded and he smiled, "Skye is safe and sound at home with her grandparents. And Night is..."

Just then the door opened and Raven walked in with Night right by his side. Night jumped up on the bed and started licking her face. She lifted her hand and gently ran it over his face. He laid down and Sean removed the mask seeing how she calmed down. "Glad you awake, Miss Teacher," Raven smiled.

"We are very glad you are awake," Sean smiled softly. "Anyway, Night is fine as you can see. He had some minor injuries and bruises but he's just fine. Much happier now that you are awake."

Matthew and that woman? She signed slowly before dropping her hands back onto Night.

"I kill him," Raven said calmly. Her eyes grew wide then barely nodded.

Are you okay?

"Nyet speak hand talk," he shook his head.

"She asked if you were okay," Luke translated.

"Da," Raven nodded. "I fine."

"He spoke to the police and the officer that was close by verified that it was done in order to save you," Owen said as he adjusted his tie. "He is not in any sort of trouble. As for our ex, well, she is now in prison for life without the possibility of parole. Our daughter is safe and sound thanks to you."

Oh good, she sighed in relief.

"How are you feeling, Miss Teacher?" Sean asked softly. "Are you hurting?" She signed yes and he nodded, "Okay, I will get you some pain medicine. It may make you tired so you may drift back to sleep." She barely nodded and he inserted something into her IV. "You will need to stay here for a few more days so I can make sure you are healing just fine before I feel comfortable enough for you to leave."

She nodded again and Night scooted closer to her chest. "The school has already found a sub to take over your class for the next two weeks," Axel said. "They also said that if you aren't ready to come back yet that is fine as well. Take as long as you need before you are ready to go back to the school."

How does Skye feel about that? She signed.

Sean smirked, "She doesn't want to go back to school until you go back, she doesn't like the substitute and demands I make you better fast so she can see you. She asks to come up here every day."

That's sweet she smiles softly as her eyes began to drop. I miss her.

"Sleep, Miss Teacher," Sean smiled softly. "I'll be here when you wake."

"So, what did you find out, Doc?" Luke whispered softly.

"I..." Sean sighed, "I wish I could tell you, I honestly do, but I really must have her permission first before disclosing any of her private information. I'm sorry, but I have an oath I have to follow."

"We know, Doc," Axel nodded. "We may not like it but we understand."

"I will say that if she lets me tell you or decides to tell you herself, we can NOT overstep and take over although we will really want to. Trust me it's already taking almost everything out of me to not look any further without her permission. But we HAVE to have her permission, it's a very delicate...um...situation."

"Man, I wish you could just fucking tell us already," Gabe groaned.

"Yeah," the rest of the group sighed.

"She's sleeping and will for the rest of the night," Sean said softly as they watched her sleep. "Go home and get some sleep. I'll stay here and let you know if anything changes."

Luna felt the bed shift and beeping woke her. She opened her eyes and shifted slightly. "Good morning, Miss Teacher, how are you feeling?"

She pouted and he nodded, "Let's see if we can get you to eat something then I can give you some medicine, okay?" She nodded and he smiled. "You have a visitor by the way," he motioned to the bathroom and she looked at him confused.

Just then the door opened and Skye came out drying her hands. "MISS LUNA!" she squealed in happiness as she climbed onto the bed and hugged her tightly.

"Now, remember what I told you, Skye," Sean said gently as he looked at the machines.

"I know Daddy," she beamed. "I be tarful. I sign too."

"Okay, Daddy Marc will be here soon with some breakfast for the two of you," he kissed her forehead. "I will be back as soon as I'm done checking on my other patients. Keep a good eye on her for me."

"Okay Daddy," Skye smiled as Sean winked then left the room. "I take care you Miss Luna."