Chapter 36

Luna woke up and smiled when she realized she was in Axel's room. Watching the fish swim in his fish tank for a few moments she heard Night whining at the door, so she got out of bed and picked up Axel's shirt that was on the desk. Sliding it on, she opened the door and patted his head. "Let me get some pants on then I'll take you out," she whispered as she headed to her room. Slipping her shorts on, she headed outside and sat on the porch swing while watching Night and Max run around in the lawn.

She watched as the started to rise and decided to go walking since it was so nice out. Slipping her shoes on she headed back outside and started walking with each dog on her side.

"What are you doing up this early, Peanut?" Nathan gasped as he ran towards them. He kissed her then chuckled as a drip of sweat hit her nose.

"Just woke up, why are you running this early?" she asked.

"I always run this early," he smiled as he walked beside her. "Anyone else awake?"

"Not that I know of," she shook her head as they continued to walk.

"I know you have been asked this a bunch, but how are you feeling?" he asked as he intertwined their fingers. "We're just trying to make sure—"

"I'm okay," She interrupted, "I'm not feeling off or anything like North explained to me. I promise I'll let you know if I am."

"Good," he smiled and kissed their fingers. Just then his phone started ringing. "Hello?" he asked.

"Is Baby with you?" North asked worriedly. "She's not in Axel's room and we can't find the dogs either."

"They are with me," Nathan smiled. "She decided to go for a walk with them and I came across them on my run. She's safe and sound."

"Thank the fuck," North sighed, "I swear I'm going to wear that ass out for not leaving a note."

"No, you aren't," Nathan chuckled. "You know damn well she was safe and sound since Night never goes anywhere without her, and her car is in the driveway and I'm guessing you tried calling her before me and her phone is in the house, so she didn't leave the property."

"She still could have left a note," he grumbled. "Hurry up and get back, you both need breakfast and it's just about ready."

She held her hand out and Nathan handed her the phone, "I'm sorry North," she said softly. "I didn't think I've been out here that long. I was just enjoying time with the dogs and now Nathan. I'll leave a note next time, I promise."

"It's okay Baby," he sighed, "it just worried us when we couldn't find you and your phone is here."

She smiled softly. "We are almost back to the house; we will see you soon."

"Good," he and Raven said at the same time making her giggle.

She handed the phone back to Nathan and burst out laughing when he picked her up and helped her get on his back so he could give her a piggyback ride the rest of the way back. "Now I'm covered in your sweat," she laughed as she tightened her grip on his waist. She refused to tighten her arms because she was worried about chocking him.

"Having fun, Beautiful?" Marc chuckled as he watched them approach.

"Yep," She smiled, "Sorry for worrying you," she said as he took her from Nathan.

"Eh, it was just North and Raven," he shook his head, "we figured you were with the puppies since your phone and car are here. Now are you hungry?"

"Yep, starving," She giggled as he carried her into the house.

"Uh oh, we can't be having that," he chuckled.

"What?" Luke asked looking up from his cup of coffee.

"Our wife is starving," Marc smiled as he sat her on the counter.

"You're silly," she giggled as she took the water bottle from North. "I'm sorry, North."

"Me too," he said kissing her softly. "Now," he pushed her knees open and stepped between them, "let's get you some breakfast."

She giggled and nodded, "That sounds wonderful."

"Any plans for today, Doll?" Axel asked once they were all sitting down and began eating.

She shook her head, "Nope, I finished grading my papers Friday at the school before I came home, and Kota helped me with the next two week's lessons so I'm good."

"Here's your medicines, Pookie," Sean said handing her some pills. "Did you write down that you have your appointment on Friday?"

"No, but Kota did for me after you and Owen told him," she said picking up her drink. "I have two subs coming in to cover for me."

"Good," Owen said nodding. "I'm taking off so I will be there with you."

"You don't have to," she shook her head, "It's just another exam."

"We will all be there," Owen shook his head. "It's your first exam with Sean and we want to be there for you no matter what Sean decides is best for you."

She burst into tears and rushed to hug him, "thank you."

"Of course, Darling," he said kissing her forehead.

"Oy, is that sub drop or anxiety or the hysterectomy crap or what the..." Gabe whispered to Luke who just shrugged.

"Doesn't matter," he said popping a piece of bacon into his mouth. Night whined as he pressed into Owen and Luna. "She's okay, Night, we have her."