Chapter 12

Sean walked back into the room and smiled as he watched the two of them sign back and forth. "How is our patient?" he asked as he checked her machines.

"She good Daddy," Skye smiled as the rest of the men walked in.

"What were the two of you just saying when I walked in?" Sean asked smiling as he tried to gently remove the bandage on her neck to check on the stitches.

"I go stool morrow no want to," Skye pouted.

Luna started signing while Luke and Gabe watched intently then Luke smiled, "Miss Teacher told Skye that she needed to go to school and keep learning even while she was here recovering. Learning is very important; her brain needs to exercise just as much as her body. She said that she understood that Skye may not like the way Miss Ashley has changed things, but it is only temporary, and Miss Teacher will be back in the classroom soon. She compromised that if Skye would agree to no longer protest going to school and complaining that she would send Miss Ashley a note asking her to put her work in her folder and she would see about us bringing Skye to visit her every day after school and she would help her do her homework."

"Are you sure you are feeling up to it?" Sean asked and Luna nodded.

"She said it will give her something to do besides just laying here," Gabe smirked.

"Let's see, are you feeling up to trying to eat something soft?" Sean asked and she nodded.

"Here we go," Marc said as he brought in some bags while Corey and Kota did as well. "I got you some chicken and dumplings, potato soup, and some applesauce since I wasn't sure how you were feeling. Whatever you don't eat, I will put up so you can have it later if you feel up to it."

She signed thank you and he smiled. After they ate she tried to force back a yawn but Sean saw it, "Alright Little One, Miss Teacher needs to get some sleep. Say good night and you will see her tomorrow."

"Night Night Miss Luna, Night," Skye smiled as she hugged the both of them then got off the bed.

Remember, no fighting going to school and listen to Miss Ashley, okay? Luna signed and Skye nodded.

"I mind Miss Luna," Skye smiled.

Sean patted her knee, "try and get some sleep, I will come check on you in a little bit."

You need sleep also, Dr. Green She signed and Sean shook his head.

"I haven't quite learned sign yet, Miss Teacher," he said as he handed her his phone.

You need sleep also Dr. Green. Every time I wake up or it's time for a check you are here. Go home, I will be fine for one night, besides Night is with me. I'm fine, go home and get some sleep.

Sean read the text and chuckled. "I go home, Miss Teacher. The first couple of nights I didn't because I needed to see for myself that you were okay but now that you are doing better, I go home and get plenty of sleep. But I'm under strict orders from a certain princess that no other doctors or nurses are able to care for you except me and her Nana Nurse Erica Lee."

She held her hand out and he put the phone back in it. You have gotten only a few hours of sleep from what I can tell, you need more than that. You should be getting eight or more hours of sleep to work at your best.

He burst out laughing, "Now, now, Pookie, do we really want to get into each other's sleeping schedules? I know you don't get a full eight hours either," he raised his eyebrow and she held up her hands in a mock surrender. He chuckled, "I promise I'm okay, Pookie. You don't need to fret over me." She relented and a soft sigh escaped her lips. "Go to sleep, Miss Teacher."

She woke and found Sean fast asleep on the couch. She frowned as she thought back to all the times, she had woken from nightmares to find him right by her side trying to calm her down. She wanted to believe him when he said he got plenty of sleep, but she also knew that every time she woke up, he was there. If she didn't know any, she would have thought that he made sure he didn't have any other patients except her.

"Quit frowning, Pookie," Sean mumbled as he sat up. "Are you hurting or having another nightmare?" He got up and hurried to her side. "What's wrong, Miss Teacher?" She pouted and he gently pushed some hair out of her face, "I'm here, you're safe." He gently wiped the tear from her cheek and held her hand gently in his. "I'll protect you, Pookie."