Take Your Time [4: Wall Between]

Adrien was having the best sleep he'd had in weeks. He knew he'd gotten absolutely hammered last night, the ache increasing with his rousing state was a clear sign of a night well done.

The basketball season had finished a week ago, and even though the Charlotte Hornets weren't victorious in the NBA's finals, they still came away with a very respectable second place; a huge improvement on last year's 10th.

Adrien had been lucky enough to gain a scholarship to Stanford university at the age of 18, which had arrived at the most perfect moment in his life. They'd just defeated and unveiled Monarch, the man turning out to be none other than his father, Gabriel Agreste.

He needed to get out of Paris; he needed to escape from everything linked to the years and years of battling his own father, the torture and restraints the man had put on him. So as soon as the offer came in he packed up his belongings, said the most horrendous goodbye ever to his friends and travelled halfway across the world to study in America; a country not overly familiar with his father and his villainous activities, except for that one time he attempted to blow up the world from NYC.

Whilst at Stanford he managed to get into the basketball team, even without sport being one of his majors. He quickly progressed from seat warmer, to starting player, opening the door to a whole world of brand new possibilities, and a career he'd never even considered.

At 21, Adrien was a starting player for the Charlotte Hornets - point guard he'd have you know - and was a lead star for the team once known as the Bobcats (which in its whole entirety was quite amusing); he loved it; and though his life in Paris had come to an end as Adrien Agreste, Chat Noir was still a prominent hero. Attending patrols, galas and interviews as often as possible. To Paris, Chat Noir was still around, he'd never left - only his Lady knew better.

It had been agreed he would take Plagg and Kaalki, that way if he was ever needed to return the option would be simple, quick and easy, and as much as he would have liked to have said his and his Lady's story ended with a reveal, a kiss, and a fully blown declaration of love, that unfortunately didn't happen. Maybe it would be included in the extended version when Adrien felt strong enough to return home.

He regularly returned to spend time with Ladybug; his Lady who he refused to reveal his identity to.

Knowing his father was Monarch had shaken him to the core and he couldn't help but panic about how she would see to him, knowing full well he was part of the reason as to why they were in this position in the first place. She was understanding about his fear of revealing and didn't push, letting him know she would be there when he felt the time was right; he'd never been more grateful for his partner than at that moment.

So last night...

Due to the championships he'd been busy every Saturday for the past six months, playing everywhere from Alaska to Texas. So the first Saturday he had free it just had to be a 'date' night with his Lady. A date night which...

His thoughts were blank as he began to wake up from his deep sleep. The jigsaw began to slot together; the outline first. Drinks, Thai food, karaoke and...

A sudden shriek caused his mind to explode, his whole body becoming alert of something happening as a blast of cold air hit his naked body and the sheets were yanked off him; the cold air prickeling at his skin. He was jolted to the side, almost being thrown out the bed after whatever was onhim decided it wanted to get off.

"Transform!" The voice shouted. Had no one told his bed mate that it was rude to wake someone up by shouting at them?

He groaned and rolled over, burying his face into the most wonderful smelling pillow he'd ever sniffed, his naked body uncovering more from the sheets and his ass tensing thanks to the freezing air.