When It Isn't Like It Should Be [20: Birthday]

Eight months later...

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news.

Recent reports have come through that Ladybug is flying frantically through the city.

Citizen's of Paris have said she seems in a panicked state, one we haven't seen since Gabriel Agreste's release over a year ago when Chat Noir had rampaged through the streets. Though no evidence of foul play is noted at this time we are asking all citizens to remain on guard and keep an eye on 'The Ladyblog' for any updates or announcements.

In other 'super' news, Gabriel Agreste has once again been locked up pending sentence. It seems threatening the pregnant heroine broke all of his parole rights and brought chaos to the streets of Paris. It seems the citizens of the city had taken their anger out on the Agreste Manor, spray painting graffiti and breaking windows. However it's not just that has been sent down for unlawful actions. Mayor Bourgeois has been stripped of his place in congress and will face trial himself for forgery and money laundering, in conjunction with Gabriel Agreste's premature release.

Both the courts AND the press apologise to Ladybug and Chat Noir, and hope the heroes can forgive such a lack of justice.

Nadja Chamack, for TVi news."

"Where the hell is it?" Ladybug flew over Paris at the speed of light, checking every single place she'd visited in the last 24 hours, actually make that the last 48 hours, even though she knew for a fact she had it on her only a day earlier.

She started off at her parent's boulangerie dropping Emma there before transforming and continuing her search. Next she scoured her new amazing office building, their new amazing home (her grandfather's old house, renovations finally all complete and an absolute masterpiece) plus Alya and Nino's apartment and 'The Liberty', yet she was still coming up empty handed, or as she should really say, empty fingered.

Her wedding ring had gone walkabout, and she hadn't got a clue where too? She knew she was wearing it yesterday, she knew she hadn't taken it off...well, she thought she hadn't. Emma was a year old now, there's no way baby brain could still be a reason for the forgetfulness. (And no, she wasn't pregnant again. She'd already checked that one - twice.)

Marinette was heartbroken, she adored her ring and hated the fact she'd lost it. Adrien, of course, was being his calm, charming self; telling her not to worry, he'd explained it was insured and not one of a kind so he could get her another one exactly the same. No harm done. But that wouldn't be her ring! He didn't seem to get it.

So where was the ring? She searched over the rooftops with a fine tooth comb, even checking down some chimney's just in case, determined to get it back. She'd been out for a run yesterday lunchtime with Chat Noir and they'd stopped to grab an ice cream before both heading back to their respective jobs. Ladybug had already questioned André and she was tempted to dive to the depths of the Seine to see if they would unveil its hiding place. Seriously, where was it?

Dropping down near the Trocadéro Gardens, she began to walk, scanning the floor for any glint of her perfect, expensive and highly valuable ring. She knew there would be little to no hope in finding it, not now, after all the ring was worth an incredible sum of money and would be an easy steal, especially if they thought it was Marinette Agreste's; the fashion world's hottest topic who happened to be married to the sporting world's hottest star; because Adrien Agreste was hot in more ways than one. Even with him now being a father it just seemed to have made him all the more desirable.