Save the Best for Last [31: Always - Part 3]

[31: Always - Part 3]

Best Man's Speech

So here it is...the end of Ladynoir July *sobs* I was at a point today where I almost rewrote this whole chapter...I think I might have been trying to hold onto the fic with very tight grasps.

I have started the first wedding night one shot, and I will be doing the reveal to Tom and Sabine, however I can't make any promises as to when they will be released.

Thank you all so much again for the kind comments and kudos, please let me know what you thought of this fic and I hope to chat to some of you again soon on my other fics.

Also, thank you everyone who has helped my brain freezes and issues with putting this together.

Enjoy the last instalment of A Masked Mistake <3

•••••

"You've got no idea how much I've been looking forward to today. After all the years I've been friends with Adrien, he has finally admitted that I am in fact the best man."

The crowd started laughing as someone shouted an encore from Kim's table–most likely, Kim. The gang had been making the most of the open bar, and Nino was quite sure the majority of their friends were one drink away from committing some sort of offensive viral video, Alya included.

"Before I begin, I must explain that, this morning, Sabine asked me to remove anything resembling innuendo from my speech. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go through it again, but if I come across anything risqué, I'll whip it out immediately."

"Woooo! Get it out," Alya shouted as she made her way back to the table, slumping down next to Marinette and grabbing her wine glass, drowning it and holding it up in support for her boyfriend.

"Anyway..." Nino diverted that attention back to himself, and away from his drunken other half. "Adrien Agreste; the man, the myth, the legend." Nino reached into his inside pocket of his suit jacket and pulled out an envelope, opening it up he made a whole show of unfolding the paper and holding it in front of himself.

"On behalf of Marinette and Emma, I would like to begin by thanking everyone that is here today and for those who have sent their condolences. We have received countless phone calls, e-mails, texts, flowers, meals, visits, and thoughts and prayers. They have been both comforting during this difficult time and have been a reminder of the impact that Adrien had on so many others."

Nino stopped and picked up the envelope he'd discarded on the table, turning the front to face the guest. "Oooppss, this is his eulogy."

Tom let out a loud laugh, holding up his beer towards Nino as a salute. "Brilliant start, son!"

Reaching into his jacket pocket again, Nino pulled out another envelope, this time with 'Best Man Speech' written on the front big and bold for everyone to see. "Okay, let's try again. Marinette, can you please place your left hand flat on the table," he walked around and guided her hand into the middle of the two newlyweds and pushed down making sure it was flat, "now Adrien, can you put yours on top please?"

Adrien tentatively looked at Marinette, a slight unsure, nervous laugh leaving his mouth as his right hand placed on top of Marinette's left. Nino stood behind and held his arms out.

"Great, now everyone can we please give the groom a round of applause because this is the one and only time he will have the upper hand in this relationship. Quickly come and take a picture, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity."