We Might as well be Strangers [5: Thunderstorms]

'Don't be amused, it's just the news. Paris is seeing some unusual weather activity moving in from the South bringing with it thunderstorms and a high volume of rainfall. Unless travel is essential we advise you to stay at home for the remainder of the evening.'

Group Chat: 404!

Nino: Dude? Are you okay man? I've heard about the hurricane warnings.

Adrien: All safe here. They've convinced us to move out of the city as a precaution.

Nino: Shame you couldn't have come back to Paris, mate. We're all going to be worried about you.

Adrien: I'm safe, don't worry.

Nino: Although, we've got kind of a storm here too. We think the thunder is going to take out the electricity so if we stop speaking you know why.

Marinette: The power has just gone out in my apartment.

Adrien: Is anyone with you? Keep your doors locked, M.

Alya: Do you need us to come over? Or do you want to come over to ours?

Adrien: It might be better if you do, no being stubborn Miss Dupain-Cheng.

Marinette: I'm fine. I'm not alone. Plus I'm a big girl; I can look after myself

Alya: Oh, really now? Is this your 'special friend'?

Adrien: Special friend?

Marinette: I'll check in every hour, but I'm safe. I have the latest issue of 'The Vixen's Voice' to keep us entertained.

Adrien: Don't think I didn't notice that dodge of the question, but I need to go. I'll be checking the clock every hour.

Nino: Dude, you're starting to sound like her dad 😄

Alya: Okay everyone, check in on the hour every hour. Adrien stay out of the hurricane. Marinette keep your doors locked and Nino hurry up in the bathroom; I need a wee.

"I've used all the candles I've got and put them in the bedroom. I thought maybe we could use this room as our base."

Chat Noir placed his phone into the drawer on 'his' side of the bed. He'd only stayed over for two nights in the past two months, and this whole side of the bed decision was not done yet. It was still being discussed who would claim which, and he was quite sure she was going to be stubborn and make sure she got her own way, so he'd resided himself to the left - for now.

"If we need anything to eat or drink, I'll go get it, bonus of having night vision." He pointed finger guns at her as he crossed one ankle over the other.

"I've already given the kwamis free range in the refrigerator. May as well not let all the food go to waste."

"You do realise they'll eat everything M'Lady," he laughed, only her smile to light the room brighter than any candles.

The thunder roared again outside as the rain picked up its momentum. It was going to be a rough night. Ladybug walked around to climb onto the space next to him on the bed, her body shuffling awfully close and sending his heart on a one way trip to the moon. She lay her head on his shoulder and he couldn't help the purr rumble through his chest.

"Is Kitty relaxed?" she asked, her voice echoing his purr.

"Nowhere else I'd rather be M'Lady." He turned his head to place a kiss in her hair, a giggle leaving her lips.