She's the One [31: Always - Part 2]

"Hi everyone, I'm Adrien Agreste, and for those who don't know me I'm the groom." A barrage of laughs echoed through the room as Adrien started to deliver his groom's speech. For someone so used to public speaking, he couldn't deny the pressure he was suddenly feeling; the undeniable nervousness for what he had to do.

Taking a deep breath, he looked down at his notes before looking at his wife. Oh God, Marinette was his wife that alone was enough to give him a panic attack. This was real, wasn't it? No longer was it just Ladybug as his wife, it was Marinette too. They were finally officially a family — in their eyes at least.

Her smile was dazzling, as was she. The more he looked at her the more he understood the phrase 'blushing brides' because she most certainly was. The pink hue on her cheeks from the joy of the day, plus the champagne she was sipping made her look picture perfect, and damn he felt lucky. She was his wife. His.

The moment he saw her walking down the aisle he lost it. His emotions betrayed the manly image he'd been perceived to have, instead crying equally to when Emma was born. Marinette looked exquisite. She was wearing a dress not too dissimilar to Kate Middleton, though he was quite sure his Princess had outdown the real one.

The white tulle of her dress fell perfectly down her legs as the white lace wrapped around her arms flawlessly, the sweetheart neckline framing her to perfection, everything about her was perfection. She was a dream, and she'd managed to make him do the impossible thing of falling even more in love with her. It's true what they saw 'love is endless', and the feeling was pure ecstasy, he would never get enough.

"That could change depending on this speech, Buttercup!" The matron of honour shouted out from next to Marinette, causing a second round of laughs to circulate through the room. He was quite sure Alya had taken great advantage of the open bar, taking her duties seriously and, apparently, testing every alcoholic beverage they had available was one of them. Adrien made a mental note to do the same thing at hers and Nino's wedding; although he'd dread to think what would happen if he got that drunk again. Maybe buy a Ferrari or a vacation home in the Bahamas, although both of those did actually sound quite appealing.

Everyone now knew the Agreste family drunk = a mistake. He knew a sweepstakes was going around about tonight's shenanigans and he dreaded to think what some people were guessing.

"Thanks for that." He replied. The laughing continued as Marinette discreetly reached up to stroke her husband's forearm before trailing down his leg (with a quick grope on his butt) before placing it back to the table. He bent slightly and kissed the top of her head, she looked divine, as did his daughter who was currently chasing bubbles with Marinette's Nona, Gina.

"Before we begin," Adrien said, "I've been asked to announce that my best man and groomsman have two bets going on tonight; first how long it'll take me to cry in my own speech, the second how long it'll take me to cry at Nino's. If you want to quickly place one, Nino is situated here at the top table, and Luka is over at the bar. Marinette's bridesmaid, Kagami, will be organising payouts at the end of the speeches. Mainly because she is the only one still sober." Another round of laughs and he was ready. The stress had gone and it was time. Oh God, he hoped he didn't cry.

"Gosh, what an emotional day it's been. Even the cake is in tiers!" A groan was heard beside him as Marinette slammed a hand over her face, Tom breaking out into wild laughter at the pun declaring it was a 'good one'.

"I always thought when I got married I would easily be able to write my speech, anyone who knows me will tell you the amount of times I've attempted to woo my now wife with words of adoration and love. Those same people will also tell you how they failed to work, for at least three years. She blames me; I blame her."