Thinking Out Loud [15: Loyal Partner]

Marinette slammed her head back against the door repeatedly cursing herself for her stupidity. She would have put money on it being his idea, that he'd used his kitty cat magic and influenced her into it. But no! It was all her! The whole idea was hers.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, pigtails, you've married yourself quite the cat-ch." Plagg flew beside Marinette, settling just on the edge of the closed toilet lid, gazing down at her. She wasn't even bothered that Plagg was seeing her stark naked, like kwamis cared anyway, and she was positive he had gotten quite an eyeful last night.

She placed her hands over her eyes, covering them from the outside world and screamed. How could they have been this stupid? Why had nobody stopped them? Actually the answer to that was simple, the whole wide world wanted them to be together, to become Mr and Mrs Noir. Well lucky for them, it seemed a few bottles of champagne, Thai food and a fair share of karaoke was all it needed. She bet everyone was kicking themselves for not making them do that at the tender age of 14.

"I don't even know who he is," she hissed at the kwami, only for Plagg to shrug.

"I'm certain you do. You've been partners for what? Eight years now? I'm quite certain if you didn't like him you wouldn't have kept him around that long."

The words were fully coated in the truth and she hated that he was right. She liked Chat Noir, she was used to him, they interacted brilliantly and over the years their relationship had become more and more comfortable, but not in the brother/sister way she might add. It was its own thing; comfortable, safe, warm, appealing, everything she could want from a partner... and if she was being honest, a relationship, the only thing missing was kissing and she was quite sure, from the tenderness on her lips, they'd covered that in abundance last night.

Marinette wasn't blind; she knew her partner was more than desirable. He was fun, attractive, loving, and a big bundle of fur. He'd calmed down over the past few years, mellowing out, and she had to admit, he was beginning to make her heart flutter with some of his advances. Ok, flutter would be a minimal term for what she was feeling, and there may have been certain times where she wanted him to be more to her. When he smiled, laughed, thanked her for throwing him off a building... Their relationship was uniquely awesome.

"Come on Bug, give him a chance. There must be something there if you proposed to him." Plagg said, his eyes widening and glistening making her feel guilty for even considering a divorce.

"Of course, you'd bring that up. I bet you thought it was amazing that the prim and proper Ladybug was letting all hell loose last night."

"Not going to deny it, Pigtails, you were the life and soul of the party."

She sat, moving her hands between her knees and considered the predicament she was currently in. Would being married to Chat Noir actually be such a bad thing? Of course not, she did love him, it was just a little confusing at the moment which way her love went. However living with their secret identities was going to be nothing short of a living hell.

But then there was also the fact Chat Noir lived in a different country, she thought she remembered him saying something about America? How could they possibly make a marriage work in different time zones? If they were going to try at all? You know for a fact many people do, a voice echoed in the back of her mind. She was quite sure if she was in 'Inside Out' that one was Joy, and of course Joy was loving this; she was 100 percent a Ladynoir shipper.

"Well...It's not like I'm in a relationship at the moment," she pondered, "everything I have to deal with just makes it hectic for anything romance related, so maybe..." she looked up at Plagg, the kwami nodding like a cheap bobble head car accessory.