Running to Stand Still [25: Meeting Point]

Adrien stalked around the apartment, his feline intuition playing its part in the uncertainty of the apartment. He didn't want to be there. Not without her. What was the point?

He made his way into her office, picking up her latest creation and looking it over. She had started it one morning last week, one morning after they'd cuddled and laughed in bed, Ladybug noting how his clothing was plain and boring, 'just like him'. They had ended in another pillow fight, laughter and screaming ensuing around the bedroom.

They didn't make it out of bed for another hour or so, instead collapsing in a tangle of limbs, lips exploring and hands caressing. She'd lost so much weight recently, it was worrying; his hands almost met as they grasped her waist, leading into another argument about her seeing a doctor. From that moment on, she'd covered it well, plastering on the makeup and wearing his clothing, answering any questions using his tee's as a cover up. She wouldn't even remove it to make love with him.

"It's your tee, Kitty." she said, moving up to him and placing her hands on his bare, muscular chest. "You're just a lot bigger than me, that's why I look so small." Her sultry eyes and wandering hands always distracted him, making him forget why the conversation had started in the first place.

He knew he shouldn't have allowed it to happen; but having her distract him was welcoming from the idea that she may be suffering the way his mother did. He couldn't deal with that. He had experienced so much loss in his life, losing one more, the one that mattered the most would kill him...he couldn't live without her, his heart just wouldn't allow it. So ignoring it had become his defence mechanism; if he didn't make a fuss about it, it wasn't happening.

Holding the garment out in front of him he noticed it was vile, and he didn't mean it in a harsh way.

"Kitty," Ladybug said, bounding out of her office and into his arms. He'd been to his mother's grave to place some fresh flowers before returning home, careful to make sure he wasn't spotted by anyone as Adrien.

She placed her lips on his, both soaking each other up in the best possible way. Their kisses always made his stomach flutter, the constant want for more shared the constant need to keep her holed up in the apartment and never allow her to leave. Preferably in the bedroom.

"Now, that's a welcome home I like," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"And you're going to get it often, Bugaboy."

"That doesn't work when I'm in this suit, M'Lady. But nice try." He dropped her a wink before moving to the kitchen and grabbing a glass to fill with water. Coming home to his wife after visiting his mother's grave always helped his reason for living. She was the air that he breathed, the touch that he needed, and the smile which pushed him on, making him feel worthwhile.

"Come," she said, grabbing his free hand and dragging him to the office, he just about caught the counter with his glass as she moved him through the hallway.

"If you really want me to?" he said, wiggling his eyebrows at her, only to be met by a slap on his chest.

"Now, now, pussy cat! All in good time."

She was being so playful recently, so loving, and he was just taken by her more and more. She was breathtaking in so many ways, and he doubted she'd ever not leave some kind of lasting effect on him.

"So what did you want to show me?"

"This!" She announced, presenting the material she'd been out to purchase that day, and what a material it was.

Purple, gold, and tiny sparkly black cat heads all over it. He burst out laughing, her own smile blinding his reaction.

"Hey," she giggled, placing both her hands on her hips, "is that the thank you I get for finding you the most perfect material." She hid her mouth behind her hand, suppressing as much of her laughter as possible.