Between Order and Randomness [22: Blanket]

Adrien woke up to a cold bed, not exactly the way he thought the morning would go after the night before, but still he couldn't deny the happiness he felt to still be here; the bed he shared with his wife.

Before falling to sleep the previous night; he'd called off his transformation whilst he and Ladybug got better acquainted, after all she was the one who wanted to feel him, he had to admit though, having her fingers run through her hair was a whole other feeling as they kissed and cuddled until they fell asleep.

Looking over to the bedside table, he looked at the alarm clock checking to see if the power had come back on. Taking the flashing of the red '0's to be a good sign, he turned onto his side and patted around his bedside drawer for his phone.

With the six hour time difference he was shocked to have found it was still morning in Paris, shocked and internally happy. It meant more time with his Lady; if he could find her that was.

Laying on his back, he placed his hands behind his head. Oh, what a night! He looked up to the ceiling, a dazzling smile on his face as he remembered their previous night together. He finally felt like a man, not in a disturbing way, more like, he had a wife, and a proper family now; and when his Lady had fallen asleep on his chest everything just seemed to finally click. His dreams were no longer filled with ideals and fantasies, instead they were filled with his real life. He placed his hands over his eyes and dragged them down his face, unable to wipe the smile from his lips.

"Get that smug grin off your face," Plagg flew up and near Adrien's head, the latter attempting to smack him out the way. "You look stupid."

"Shut up!" Adrien grumbled, leaning over to reach for his phones (yes, plural).

Pulling both from the drawer, he quickly checked on his friends a sigh of relief as they all informed each other that they were okay; Alya and Marinette had gone off to work and Nino had the day off to work on the soundtracks for an advertising campaign he was part of. He made a mental note to message his friend a little later, he couldn't remember the last time he spoke to Nino at a normal time, a time when one of them wasn't half asleep or rushing to get somewhere.

Next, he checked the forecast in North Carolina, praying they were still on hurricane watch and he could stay in Paris for a couple more days. He'd really made progress with Ladybug, and he didn't want to have to leave and kill the momentum, not when it seemed she was finally letting him in.

Eventually 'The Weather Channel' app loaded and he could see Charlotte was clear, as was the rest of the state. Damn! Pulling up his emails, he waited to see when he would be back at training, only to be pleasantly surprised when the email from the team manager recommended training from wherever they were for the next couple of days.

Easy!

A few runs around Paris as his alter ego would take care of that. Maybe even a game of kiss chase? He giggled to himself at the thought. Pushing the covers to one side, he stood from the bed, placing the first of his phones down and looking at the second.

Ladybug: Morning Kitty Cat, I've had to go into work. I should be finished about 5pm, I hope you'll still be there ❤️

A heart. She'd sent him a heart! Oh, goodness! This was just...he couldn't describe it!

Love! A voice in his head did the hard work for him. But it was right, this really was love.

Chat Noir: No worries M'Lady. I've got the rest of the week off, would you be okay putting up a stray? ❤️

Her reply was almost instant, she must have been waiting for his message. What a thrill!

Ladybug: Of course it is. I really enjoyed the time with you last night, and not to inflate your ego or anything, that was the best night's sleep I've had since we took down Monarch ❤️