Diary Entry #1

April 20, 1781

I lost the war yesterday. How could this have happened? I've trained for years, taken every precaution, even researched everything about Britain and yet... Failure.

This will be the first of many entries in the book, or well, diary I guess. I'll get right to the point, I declared independence on April 19th, 1775, and the fighting started. I managed to repel the British for a year with New York's help, but couldn't hold out for very long when he went after Georgia.

I spoke with France about help, however our communication was severed when Britain got involved. Help didn't come. I was on my own in this war, my first mistake. The second was expecting he wouldn't go after my beloved states, which he did and managed to injure them.

Like I wrote earlier, I lost the war, 6 years later on the same day I declared Independence. Kinda Ironic anit it? My final mistake was not telling my states to run and hide, it never crossed my mind that Britain would take the only living things that brought me joy.

I remember shouting "No, No, Don't do this! Please don't do this!" I struggled against Spain and France who were holding me back at the time. I was ready to tear out Britain's throat right then and there. If I only had that rage during the war I'd've won in a heartbeat.

That bastard guided my children into that fancy ass carige and was pulled away into the sunset while I'm stuck here. As soon as the carriage was out of sight both France and Spain let go of me. Spain climbed onto a stallion grazing nearby and rode away, not looking back.

France gave me a hug and told me that everything will be alright, and next time she will be there to help. Fat chance, but I do need all the allies I can get, perhaps with time I can learn to trust her. After all, she is my mother.

I slept where I stood that night, I was too distressed to walk anywhere. France stayed with me until I fell asleep. I'm guessing because she wasn't there when I awoke this morning. Now on my lonesome I set off to search for a place to set up a camp.

But you'll never guess who I ran into, yep Britain. He said an I quote, "follow me, I have work for you to do." With no other choice I was forced to follow him, due to him having a sword and on horseback while I having no weapon nor the energy to pick a fight with him.

He lead me to the cabin which I'm in as of writing this, it is surrounded by acres and acres of fields, all he did was point to a massive pile of cotton and tobacco seeds, he ordered me to plant them and water them all by the end of the day or else, not sure what that meant but not going to risk his temper today, the war is still too fresh for me to be picking fights or even argue.

He watched me all day as I planted every stupid bit of cotton and tobacco seed, I made sure I watered them well, finally Britian left leaving me and my thoughts. I rummaged around and found a notebook I could use for writing things down, yes this very notebook.

It is getting late and I need to be up early tomorrow because Britain is coming back. I hope my children are okay...

Note: Find a good hiding place for this.

Word count: 603