Chapter 3

"Hello," Ava said to the girl.

"Don't think just because you knocked me out doesn't mean that you can skip out on my questions," the girl spat

"Wow, for a 10 year old you sure can be brave," Ava observed.

"Just answer the damn question please," the girl really didn't have time for this.

"Well since you asked so nicely," the women started, "this is wicked where we are devoted to find a cure."

"A cure for- never mind just keep talking,"

"Well you should learn to be more nice to us since we saved your life,"

"Who said I needed saving?"

The women sighed and asked her a question, "what's your name?"

"L- shouldn't you tell me your name first?"

"My name is Ava Paige. Now answer my question."

"Lain,"

"Hmm well Lain can you follow me?"

The girl nodded and walked out of the room with her. They walked along the halls and in the corner she saw that there were these two metal doors open to a a cafeteria. She saw kids talking and some even laughing.

She noticed this one particular group though , 4 boys and 1 girl. Two boys had pudding all over their faces and same as the girl. Then a man walked up to them and brought guards to take them out if it. The girl felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Ava there already looking at her.

"Don't worry, you can hang with the other kids too just not yet," Ava told her warmly.

The girl once again nodded and follower Ava to a dorm with no one it.

"I just wanna ask a couple more question," Ava spoke, it sounded more of a question then a statement.

"I don't care."

"Ok well we run some test and you are not as special as the other kids in this generation,"

"Uhh I'm sorry but that had to be the worst possible thing you could ever say to a child." The girl spat.

"Well it's the truth, and you may not like it but it's just life kid." The women stated.

"If I'm not special why am I here then?" The irl questioned.

"Just because I said you're not special doesn't mean you don't have to participate in what I tell you to do,"

"What?"

"I mean I don't care if your not special, it gives me a better view of seeing the difference between immunes and non immunes,"

"Enough of this," the girl said getting fed up, "these aren't even questions you that said you were going to ask,"

"Right, guess I worded that wrong then," the women said before she left, "good bye Lain, Thomas and Teresa will be with you and Kalli shortly,"

"Wait who are those-" Lain wasn't even able to finish her sentence because the women had already left.

"Perfect." The girl mumbled.

The girl looked around and saw just a bed dresser and a door that leads to the bathroom. She walked in a circle for at least five minutes before she finally decided to sleep and let the darkness consume her.

When Lain woke up she saw a girl with brown eyes staring back at her.

"Holy- who are you?" The girl asked in shock.

"I could say the same to you," she scoffed.

"Well I'm not one to talk first but at this point what to I care," Lain shrugged, "I'm Lain, and you are?"

"Kalli," the girl answered.

"Well nice to meet you Kalli but we f you don't mind I would like to sleep in peace rather then some one staring at me please."

"Right, yea sorry." Kalli apologized.

   The girl didn't really want to admit it but she hated when people would stare at her . Made her feel like she was doing something wrong . Made her feel like just had to be watched or else she would completely mess things up. It just made the girl feel a little uneasy that's all.

She shut her eyes once again and stepped into a dream. Or memory.