Chapter 10

6 years of the same old bullshit. Things happened that the group really didn't wish happened. They all felt like wickeds been working them to the bone. It felt like everyday was a nightmare other then when the group would finally talk, hang, or even say hi to one another.

Except for Lain and Newt. Finally by the time she turned 13 she realized she had grown feelings for the boy. She hated the feeling she would get whenever they were around each other and she would feel something in her stomach. How she wouldn't think of anything but of him. How she stuttered when him and her were alone together.

She didn't like the feeling. She didn't know what it was. She didn't know if she was sick or just going insane. So she distanced herself from him. She thought that it could go away but it never did.

Newt thought the opposite. He knew the feeling he had whenever he would start getting shy around the girl. The blush that had crept onto his cheeks when she would laugh or talk to him. He knew the feeling was love. He didn't know why Lain was ignoring him though. He wanted to talk to her at least. Tell her how he felt before it was too late.

And guess what? It was.

"Doctor!" A scientist called, "the building of the maze is complete, we're ready to send the first bunch of kids." The man spoke.

"Good," Ava said getting up from her seat, "I already know the first couple of kids to go,"

"You know some times I wish-". Lain was cut off when the sound of the door was slammed opened revealing guards.

They, Lain and Kalli, both got up and stared at the guards confusingly. That was until Thomas and Tearsa had showed up in front of them.

"I'm sorry but we need to take Kalli with us," Thomas said sounding guilty, as he should.

"What?!" Kalli yelled confused.

Lain looked back and forth between the people who were at the door and Kalli before saying, "Oh hell no! Take her, you take me,"

"I'm sorry Subject A 15 but we need to take your friend," Ava said also now coming into view.

"Subject A 15?" Lain asked confused more then ever now.

"Mhm that's your subject name, A15 THE SUN," Ava said nodding at the baffled girls, "yours," she said pointing to Kalli, "is subject A17 THE WARRIOR,"

"Okay was much as these cool nicknames sound," Kalli said backing up, "I'm not going anywhere,"

"At this point do you think we give you a choice," Tearsa spoke up.

"Why don't you shut your pretty little mouth Tearsa ," Lain spat getting in Tearsa's face.

"Now, now," Ava said getting in between the two girls, "we don't have time for this, guards take her,"

     The guards did as they told as they walked up to the said girl. She fought against the guards but it was no use. Lain tried to help her but was held by wicked guards to keep her from fighting against the people who were taking away her best friend.

     The guards were able to take Kalli with them and started the process. Of taking away her memory, along with... Minho.... Alby.... Gally..... Newt.... And other unfortunate souls. Now, Lain was alone. She didn't really know she from the next day. When she woke and went to look in the mirror. She saw her eyes were red and puffy from crying. She hated crying so much. Made her feel weak. Made her annoy her own self when she would cry.

     She cleaned so well that it looked she hasn't been crying. Even though she was all night. She got out and went into the vents to see the boys and talk about it with them. But when she got inside she saw no one. No one there at all. Not even Newt. Which she kinda would actually like to see the most at the moment.

     She turned her head side to side not believing that they weren't there. Her heart started to beat faster then it ever had before. She couldn't believe this was happening. She felt like she would explode at any moment. She crawled back into the vent and back into her room. That used to be hers and Kalli's room.

     She sat on what once was Kalli's bed now no one. She started to think but it all became into one big pile of thoughts. All bad ones. Once again like all the time she couldnt place her mind on one thought so she just sat there. Thinking nothing. Not even replaying the moments in her head that had happened to her only friends. To her best friend.

    She sat there not able to do anything nor think. She felt frozen.