Chapter 29

Lain was quietly humming when Minho came in to get something.

They both searched for the things that Minho was looking for. Lain was worried but she saw Minho happy and was immediately in the middle again.

He left and she stayed in the hut for awhile but decided to leave. She was going to the hut but she heard voices.

"I love you princess," she recognized as Minho.

"I-I love you too," Lain heard the hesitation in her voice but knew she meant it.

Lain smiled but then realized she was not going to interrupt them so she went to a nice empty spot in the middle of the glade. It was night and you could see all the stars. To Lain it was so much more. And from the hill she was sitting on it was a perfect view. She sat there hugging her knees and looking up at the night sky. Till she heard someone walk up from behind her.

"What are you doing here?" She turned around and saw, yeah you guessed it. Newt.

"Just- you know, Minho a-and Kalli are in t-the hut and- and," Lain stopped once she heard Newt chuckle, "what's so funny?"

"You ramble a lot," he commented.

"Okay so?" She asked glad it was dark so he couldn't see her blush.

"Nothing nothing, it's kinda cute," he said sitting down beside her.

"Hm," was all she could say.

They both sat in the most peaceful silence ever. But Lain found it awkward. Probably cause she thought she was being awkward. Probably.

"You know," Newt said looking her, she was looking at the stars still, "the sky right now reminds me of your eyes,"

"What?" She asked completely confused as she looked at him.

"I mean," he said smiling, "your eyes are dark, like almost black even, it represents the night sky. And then there's always that light in your eyes. And then they remind of the stars,"

"O-oh-" she said blushing hard now, "really?"

"Yes, really,"

She looked back up at the stars to avoid his eyes that were still staring at her. She was smiling likes goof and Newt was smiling like an idiot.

'𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞." 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

"𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞,'

..........

'𝐈𝐦 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞,' 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.

And that's how they spent the night. After a while they fell asleep on the grass. Laying there peacefully next to each other. Maybe not like how Minho and Kalli were. But they're still next to each other.

𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Lain opened her eyes and saw Newt sleeping next to her. She smiled seeing as though he was the first thing she woke up to. She then sat up real quick as she realized it.

'𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔!' 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝.

"𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞? 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐮𝐩? 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈-"

Her thoughts were interrupted as she saw gladers waking up.

'𝐑𝐔𝐍!'

So thats what she did. She ran down the hill and tripped and fell dumpling down. She heard a bunch of 'watch out!' coming from other gladers. She tumbled and ran right into so someone. And guess who it was. Sir Gally.

"How many times I gotta tell you to watch where your going?!" He yelled.

"Wow, at this point it's not my fault, you just gotta watch we're ya step," Lain said getting off of the ground.

"Whatever it's too early to beat your dumbass," he said as he walked away.

Lain stared at him sticking her tongue out like a child.

"Well good morning Lain," she turned around and saw Kalli standing next to Minho.

"KALLIIIII!" She yelled as she gave her her signature bear hug.

"Ow uh Lain," Kalli motioning she was still a little sore.

"Sorry, sorry," she said letting go, "umm good morning to you 'princess',"

Kalli gasped not expecting that she heard her and Minho, "oh shush,"

The three, Lain, Kalli, and Minho, laughed as they went to get food. They sat at their table eating quietly.

"So where's Newt?" Minho asked,

As soon as he said that, Lain's knee hit the bottom of the table as she looked straight at the two in front of her blushing and stuttering her words.

"H-he's a-at the t-top of the h-hill. Still s-sleeping I t-think,"

"What's he doing up there?" Kalli asked.

"U-uhhhh,"

"I was watching the stars and fell asleep there of course," Newt said coming into view, sitting down next to Lain with his tray of food, "and why didn't you wake me up Lain?"

"I- I w-was ju-just-"

"I told her to get some breakfast with us," Kalli lied helping Lain and her stuttering mess.

Lain was staring at the food in front of her not saying anything but grateful that Kalli literally saved her.

"Is this true Lain?" Newt asked her.

She just shook her head quickly not trusting her self to speak.

"Hm,"