Chapter 38

*One week later

"That's gonna be a pretty sweet scar" Mhino said disturbing Kalli from her thoughts.
The two sat on the med bed with out talking. Kalli want dumb, she knew a boy like Mhino deserves perfect. A girl with a perfect body, skinny and hot. Perfectly soft skin with no flaws. That's wasn't her.
Mhino was perfect, perfect hair, perfect eyes, nose, face, jaw line. Perfectly fit, abs, and muscles but not body builder scary. He's flawless

" yeah I guess" she replied, tears filling her eyes.

" what's wrong baby" he asked concerned, worry filling his face.

" everything is perfectly fine, I just want to be alone" she said flashing the most believable smile she could.

" alright" he said not leaving the hut.

Lain emerged from the bed next to Kalli's, sitting up with the the blanket falling of her head. She looked like a mummy who had just awakened.

"Gurl you just lied straight to his face" she said calling her best friend out on lying.

" I don't know what you talking about" she said in a tone that even lain almost believed.

" when a girl said she is fine is means the complete opposite"she than reached over and whacked Kalli across the head.

" tell me what's wrong"

" nothing"

" tell me"

" there is nothing wrong"

" yes there is so tell me now"

" I should've left you for dead with the grievers"

" hey hey hey, you don't mean that and stop trying to change the subject and tell me"

" how about no" she said pulling the covers above her head," I can't hear you la la la la la".

Lain sat there in frustration she knew she would never get through to Kalli but her thoughts where cut off short when Newt entered the hut.

" how are you lovely ladies feeling," he asked but only got a answer from lain.

" what her problem" he turned and asked lain.

" I don't know I was trying to figure is out before you came in.

" should I go get her boyfriend it should fix everything, yea?"

"No she just sent him away

" well that's not normal at all, is it" he said, " what happened?"

" she told him that everything was fine and told him she wanted to be alone"

" is he buggin jacked in the head that means that exact opposite"

" I know, that's exactly what I'm saying"

" he's bloody clueless"

—————————————-————————————

" I brought food!!!" Frypan announced as he entered the room.

The group of four sat on the beds playing truth and dare.

" Alrighty, here ya go" frypan said handing the food to each of them.

" thank you fry" they said in sync sounding like a group of toddlers

" okay my fellow gladers don't be coming back for seconds, good night now"

"Alright, moving on, Mhino truth or dare" said Newt"

"Uhh dare"

" I dare you.... Hmm.. I dare you too let Kalli mess up your hair"

Mhino's head snapped to the side looking at his amazing girlfriend , eyes wide with terror.

" No No No No, don't please don't, I thought you love me"

She reached her hand over to his hair avoiding his attempts to swat her hands away like a fly. And ruffled his hair like how you would pet a dog. His hair was all messed up but it made him look really cute and they all couldn't help but smile.

" Alright Alright Lain, truth or dare"

" truth"

"Who is your favorite person in the room"

Without hesitation she answered " Kalli obviously" and newt and Mhino faked being hurt. She knew that a part of her wanted to say newt.

" kalli truth or dare"

" truth"

" who said I love you first"

" Mhino did, "she answered sending a wink his way and he smirked back at her," newt truth or dare"

"Dare"

" I dare you to steal Lains food"

Lain glared at Newt. When newt reached over to her tray to take a handful of her food she moved it away so quickly it all flew of the tray on her.

The whole group broke out into a fit of laughter. After their laughing fit came to an end Newt offered to take her to the showers to clean up and she reluctantly excepted his offer.

After they left Kalli turned to Mhino who still had a stupid smile on his face. " pretty boy?" She asked in her most innocent voice ever.

" mhm" he said snuggling his face on the crook of her shoulder and into her hair, getting comfortable.

" can you carry me to our hut, I wanna sleep in our bed tonight."

"Sure princess" he scooped her up and carried her to their room. They both climbed into bed and snuggled up together.

" I wonder when those two will get together," Mhino said breaking the silence.

"Give it a year" Kalli said pulling Mhino closer if that's even possible.

"I say two weeks"

"Oh, it's on,"

"ok but you can't try to get them together mhino that's considered cheating."

They laid in silence for a while just enjoying the moment. Memorizing each other breathing patterns and taking turns playing with each others hair and squeezing one an others hand as reassurance, soon he started to drift of to bed.

Kalli knew she couldn't sleep the throb and burning sensation was too much to sleep with. So she whispered something Mhino would hold onto forever.

" I love you to the moon and to Saturn baby boy" (Baby boy) he could get used to that one.

For the rest of the night she played with his hair leaving sweet kisses on his forehead with the same thoughts as earlier stuck in the back of her head.

Was she just being paranoid? She's happy why does she have to ruin it with these crazy thoughts. Something is too good about Mhino to be true. it's true love right? This is what love feels like right? She prayed that he wouldn't go away and he wasn't some sort of fantasy that wouldn't be there when she woke up.

Meanwhile with newt and lain...