Chapter 18

George, Kalli, Minho, and Newt all got out of the maze at dinner time. Kalli was gonna stay longer but George practically dragged her ass back in the glade.

     They went to the maps and well map some of it out, then they went into the line and waited till they got to eat. They just talked about the Maze, Minho making a couple sassy remarks resulting in Kalli saying some back.

"Sooooo," Newt said looking between Kall and Minho, "what do you think Frypan and the greenie made? Isn't she trying out cooking first?"

"Yea she was ," Minho said, "but she doesn't look like a cook, maybe a Gardner,"

"I was thinking that too," Kalli said after.

"Well I guess," George said speaking up, "I'm sorry I'm bringing this up again but does anyone get deja by around her other then me?"

"I do," Newt said looking at the boy, "it's just the eyes though for me,"

"Yea," George said his voice getting quieter, "u feel like I was supposed to protect her but failed,"

"What was that?" Minho said speaking for all of them since non of them heard what George said.

"Nothing," he said coming up to frypan to get his food, "hey Fry,"

"Hey George," Frypan said with a smile, "guess what, you get the soup that the greenie made!"

George looked at it weirdly seeing as the that not all the tomatoes were chopped enough and it looked chunky, "Yum."

He went to go sit down and about 20 seconds later so did his friends. Minho and Newt both sat beside him while Kalli sat on the other side across from Minho. And five minutes later the greenie came walking towards them sitting next to Kalli.

"Why hello fellow prisoners," she said in a sarcastic yet happy manner, "see George got the soup I made . Is it good?"

He took a small spoon full of it and tried not to spit it out.

"It's really- " he stopped when he look at the girl seeing that he didn't want to disappoint her, "it's definitely not Fry's cooking,"

The girl smiled and took he spoon full. Then she remembered.

"Oh wait!" She said looking at everyone, "I forgot I found out my name,"

"What is it then?" Kalli asked curious.

"Names Lain,"

"Well hello Lain," Newt said smiling, "what a lovely name for a lovely girl,"

Lain furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him funny, "Thanks? But I don't think 'lovely' is the right word to describe me,"

Newt shrugged his shoulder as he continued to eat. Newt looked at George seeing that he's staring at Lain, trying to remember her. He knows the look. He tried himself.

He put a hand on his shoulder and looked at him with face that said 'I tried that'. George then got back to his soup looking down.

"So did you get the job?" Kalli asked.

"Nah," Lain said as it was no non deal , "I actually got put into a new job,"

"What?" Minho asked

"A med-jack," Lain answered ,"I get to help people when they're hurt, I can use those supplies that apparently no one has ever clearly used,"

"That's really cool," George said looking up, "maybe you can help me with this cut on my finger," he said showing her the cut thats already almost covered in dirt.

"Sure ," she said getting up.

"Now?" George asked

"Now,"

And they walked to the kitchen were she originally found the supplies, she grabbed his hand and put his finger under the water to clean some of the dirt off . Once she did, she sat him on a stool and for some of the wrapping stuff she found and looked for the rubbing alcohol.

"This may sting," Lain said as she put some on his finger.

"Please I'm not a- OWWWW SHIT!" George yelled.

"Told you," Lain said smiling

"That hurt," George said frowning, "are you sure that this is helping?"

"Duh," Lain said putting the band aid on his finger, "just hurts that's all,"

Then George had a memory,

"Lainnnnnn," a boy, that George thinks is him but younger, whined, "can you help meeeee?"

"What's wrong?" A five year old girl asked playing with medical stuff, "what happened to your hand?"

"I cut it, duh," the boy said sitting down, "and I need 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 help,"

     The little girl smiled as she got some water and washed the dirt and sand off, the whole time the little boy looked at her hoping that he'll always be able to protect her, make sure that nothing will happen to her.

"George? George?" Lain asked snapping her fingers to get his attention.

"Huh?" He said blinking a couple times, "oh umm nothing,"

"Okay?"