Chap 3 No one can hear you

Back at Posidans kingdom within the private rooms you looked at your casted wrist and thumb.

The ceiling above was a bland white with only a sunroof from where you laid. The room was in your terms different. This isn't even a sunroof. Just a window on the ceiling with nothing. An ocean sunroof maybe.

No plants. No fish. No life. It was an endless cave in the ceiling with a never ending blue. A cavity that grew down towards you reminding you where you are.

Light that would come and go casting shadows indicating to you there was light coming from somewhere. You hated being here because you didn't know where here was. Posidan doesn't trust you.

The many times you've woken up beneath this ceiling you've never given it any thought. An odd spot to put a window to look at a whole lot of nothing. Now you know why he would always have you wake up here.

To be reminded that home is not here. You are all alone...

Before, you used to wake up and look for Poseidon. Like a child you were excited to see a god. To be acknowledged by one. No, it was more than acknowledgement.

Posidan protected you he obsessed over you.

You felt good having someone stronger than you. Poseidon showed you who he was from the start he was possessive with a low temper.

Wanting him to acknowledge you felt amazing!
Yes, you remember that feeling in your chest. The way your heart beated for him. There was a time you wanted him. All you thought about was him.

Then.

Like some bad dream everyone was gone. Left alone in a state of shock inside a submarine for 3 days. Not knowing if it was day or night. There wasn't a single thing you could think of or care for. It was all gone.

The interaction you had with Poseidon didn't even feel real. Maybe you were being childish. Maybe there should have been a way you should have handled it.

Is who you are enough to get you by? Is who you are anymore?

Staring at your injured hand his voice broke the ringing in your ears. Like engines humming as you felt your heart racing, the experience is still fresh.

"So stubborn." Posidan said annoyed while preparing tea with what he knows as antidepressants. "If you just had listened."

"You're crazy. Don't you understand this is all in your head." You poked at the side of your head feeling frustrated.

"There's nothing going on between us. You just killed a city like they were nothing. Like if their lives meant nothing! And then kidnapped me! You will have war at your doorstep!"

Poseidon, mixed the sugar in the tea listening to your screaming voice. "War at my doorstep. Perhaps I should bring the physician back in."

"No!" You said terrified as you settled down upset. There wasn't a way for you to express your feelings or hate. These Titans known as gods were like walls.

Expressing concern leads to you getting hurt. Poseidon wants you to be like him, like the gods. He refuses to accept you being human.

Becoming upset whenever he's reminded that you are just human.

Examining your injured hand it reminded you how little he cares to hear about others problems. No care of knowing how humans bond.

He'll hurt you for reminding him you are human..

He could feel all these unsettling feelings around you. Having someone of your status lash out at someone like him meant getting hurt.

"You'll have to get used to it. I'm sure your father taught you to at least sit appropriately during tea time."

His voice once brought you feelings of comfort. Always eager to hear him speak since he spoke so little.
Now it just drains you.

"What's 50 years to a billion old fish man?"

Biting your bottom lip till it bled was your only escape. It was the only way to relieve some stress without doing anything too crazy.

Everything you did he observed. Everything you whispered he could hear.

How could you make a god understand what living 50 or even 80 years means for a human?

"You didn't care enough to know my father!"

There wasn't anything wrong with how you were sitting except you refused to face his direction. Being purposely ignored was enough to make his forehead nerve show.

No acknowledgement of who he was.
Not having control of you, not being able to use what he was born with to control you.

His looks, skills, power, voice, just being at the status of a god should be enough!
He has everything to control you; there's no extra steps needed in manipulating you.

All he saw was your back.

All you saw was the wall.

"Don't use my father to get near me.. I- I don't want to be alive.."

Posidan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.
"We can continue to discuss this situation in your childish state. Getting you was my priority. I would prefer your smile amongst -"

"Shut up!" Your arms were crossed to your chest as you looked over your shoulder to him. Unknowingly digging your nails into your arms.

"There is something wrong with you! There is no us. There never was, you have lost your mind. Asking for affection from me after what you did! I hate you! You stupid man fish god! Go freeze in a lake!"

Poseidon's hair shadowed his eyes.
Walking up to you he handed you the small plate with tea. "You're acting up again."

Being disrespected by human tantrums.
Being yelled and insulted at by his human women.

He was warning you that your human side was showing. It was getting on his last nerve.

Angered you grabbed the cup and threw it at the wall. Breathing heavily tears streamed down your eyes.

"You just expect me to smile. To be like you. To hell with you and the gods.."

Walking past him his hand reached out gripping your injured wrist.

"Don't!" You screamed, raising your only good hand to shield your face. Embracing for the impact of a beating but it never happened.

"Nobody is coming for you."
Your arm lowered revealing his blue eyes piercing into yours.

"I'm hoping you understand that."

There it was again that twisted sadistic smile of his. "Don't be foolish." Tracing your lips with the tips of his fingers. "Don't run from me."