Chap 23- Gaslighting

Determination in her eyes she reached out to you. Seeing the palm of her hand was your answer.

Without hesitation you reached out shaking her hand. "Please. Let me help you." you wanted to help them.

This was no longer an uncertain Y/n. Taking the advice from Hera there was no doubt or fear. This was what you were going to do.

Staring into Brunhildes eyes it felt like if she was the one giving you this strength. You can't do this alone. Finally having others that saw not just for being a human. Finding others who can see the strength you have.

A sudden trident appeared forcing your hands to separate. Seeing the crest on it made your stomach turn.
"Poseidon."

Brunhilde spoke confidently.
As your now husband took long steps he gripped the handle of his staff to pull the trident out.

Hermes had reported to Poseidon before leaving to go to Hades. Once Poseidon got word he left his matters behind. "We are leaving."

He said to you, keeping his back to Brunhilde. "I want to stay." You stood your ground as he stopped before you towering over you. "We are leaving." He insisted.

"It is fine y/n." Brunhilde said your name without you ever introducing yourself. She knows about you. Who you are. This gave you a peace of mind.

"We will see each other soon." She said calmly as she walked away to the other end of the hall.

Poseidon lifted your chin up with his index finger. Leaning in his lips closed on yours as his tongue exploring your mouth. Holding your face in his hand to keep you from moving away.
"Are you Upset?" You asked once he finished.

"No.." he responded with a smile caressing the side of your face. "Not to you."

"Hermes?" You asked.
"Yes." Poseidon answered your question.
"Hermes, shouldn't have let you come."

"No! Hermes serves me! He answers!" You responded pushing back.

"Don't argue with me." Poseidon tilted his head seeing you fluster up.

"He is to serve you while I am gone. To keep an eye on you. Seeing you go against me, your husband."

Gripping your wrist he pulled you in, shaking your arm. "In what way did that idea come about? What makes you so tempted to go against me? In every turn there is a foul poison that reeks from your veins. All I've done to cover my wrongs. You tend to betray me."

Releasing your wrist letting your body tumble back. If not for Hermes appearing to catch you before the fall your head would have splattered like a melon.

"Take her back, Hermes!" Poseidon walked away with rage pouring out from him.

Hermes was gentle in lifting your hand to see Poseidon's hand prints already brushing on your wrist.
"Do not worry. Poseidon is not so angry with you. If he was, the bone would have been shattered."

Still, seeing how fragile you are against a brute as Poseidon. One would think with the looks of elegance and grace he'd be more gentle. More controlled.

"Why did you defend me?" Hermes asked, standing beside you examining your hand. There were no tears coming from you. You held back your cry.

There was never an answer given. Hermes was left wanting to know why you even bothered. To stand up for him and yourself.
"This girl.."  his eyes moved to your face, capturing every detail.
" I Want to know more about you."

Pulling your hand away from his grasp you opened and closed it examining the finger bruises left f on Poseidon.

"Don't ask me annoying questions." You responded. "As you wish." He smiled bowing to you. It even caught you off guard. Hermes was being respectful to you.