Chap 38 Thanksgiving

"Did you?"
The table was 40 feet long. Each god seated on each side.
Hermes rose from his chair with his glass of wine held out.
"To Y/ns health!" Hermes toasted with the gods while Loki rolled his eyes and Hades stayed silent.

"Are you comfortable?" Hera reached out to hold your hand. The skin was still tender. But you yourself have yet to see the mirror. Only the perspective of what laid before you. It was almost like playing a first person game.

"I.." you looked at the turkey, the mash potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, lobster, corn, bread, grapes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates.
"Happy Thanksgiving, y/n." Poseidon, tenderly kissed your cheek before sitting beside you. Zeus, was at the end of the table.
"You did this?" You asked him.

"It was my idea. But the rest was done by those close to us." You looked at Loki who winked at you and Hera, Aries who also had a lot to do with it. Tesla was speaking with Hades attempting to get more information as to how Hades managed to give you back your soul.

"It wasn't a welcoming gift " Hades looked to you.
Poseidon scolded, Hades. Standing next to his brother who was seated looking at his wine enjoying the drink.

Taking in a deep breath you looked at the plate of food in front of you. Taking small bites made you remember your first Thanksgiving with your father and mother in the submarine. The same submarine your father shoved you into to save you from floods..

"Thanks dad.." you whispered under your breath as Hera glanced at you. "Did you see him while you were unconscious?" Looking at her with food stuffed in your mouth you swallowed it.
"No.. I believe I had no soul I was not welcomed anywhere. The afterlife. For soulless people is an endless void of nothing. Conscious, aware of the things around you. I do not know how I was even able to communicate with him. It was an endless nightmare..."

Hera reached out to caress your hand feeling horror  devouring her. The realization that she is a goddess, her body is only a vessel. To only imagine what that nothing is.. the nothing you experienced.
"I'm sorry to hear about that child. We brought you back." She wiped the stuffing off the side of your mouth.

Looking around you felt this odd feeling. Like the room was swirling. Your body felt unwell. The food now was repulsive.
"Dear, are you alright?" Hera asked as Poseidon turned to look at you. Standing up you pushed yourself away from the table as everyone stopped to look at you.

"What's wrong?" Hera stood up concerned and so did Hermes. Poseidon started walking back to you.

The doors swung open from behind you. Seeing Beelzebub your heart raised as his eyes that were looking down at the floor slowly closed and opened. Meeting your eyes you felt that sudden sickness cover you in a sheet of disgust. Vomiting you pushed yourself away from Poseidon feeling encaged and scared. "What's wrong?" He asked, as Hermes examined your food tasting it to make sure it wasn't poisonous.

Hera reached out to grab hold of your wrist but you kept backing away as you felt lightheaded and your body lost strength. Beelzebub caught you in time. His arms reach out his hands holding your shoulder as he sets your body down. "What's wrong with her Beelzebub!" Poseidon knelt down lifting you up in his arms.

Beelzebub smirked looking at Poseidon. Of course he wasn't telling Poseidon the truth. Instead he will lie. "She is readjusting."

"Readjusting?" Poseidon asked for caressing your cheek. "The celebration may have excited her too much. Overwhelmed her. Allow me to take-"
Poseidon slapped Beelzebub's hand away.
"Where ? I'll take her!" He lifted you up in his arms.
"Follow me." His smile faded away as he turned his back leading the way to his medical facility.
Hades continued to drink from wine knowing exactly what Beelzebub had done. But he wasn't going to get into it. Poseidon already made a fuss in having Hades give you back your soul.

Two brothers fighting is normal. But he never expected such brute force from his brother.. the lengths Poseidon is willing to go just to have you. To keep you. To make you happy.

Beelzebub has his own plans for you. Whatever they may be...