chap 19- Ground Zer∅

Mother Mother- Burning Pile

Sinaloa, Mexico
Mazatlan is a town famous for its borderline beach. Everyday the streets thrive with people selling their goods. Buses can be packed until people hang from the doors. But despite the vivid city and its somewhat harsh story. The people live out their days.

You picked a small roofing spot. It was like an apartment building but you lived upstairs. The stairs were very small, rusted, and moved around when you walked up. One small misstep and you'll fall.

The room you lived in was big enough only for a bed. There was no kitchen or bathroom. The bathroom was downstairs and the walk-in shower was right beside the commode. So while you are showering someone else can be using the toilet.

There was a 55 gallon drum that everyone in the complex used. It was used for dishes, clothes, etc.You couldn't wash your clothes everyday. It all depends on the weather. The first time you did laundry and set it out to dry the winds blew dirt hardening them.

"Sweetheart, I don't know what caused you to go to Mexico. But you leaving and not telling me until you crossed the border, that shit doesn't float."

You giggled hearing your father through the phone.
"Dad, if I told you. You'd never let me go. You'd talk about the cartels and how hard it is down here. Mom was Hispanic! It's only fair that I get to see where she grew up."

"You have no idea... I love you. How long will you be there? When do I expect you back? Do you have enough money for food and soap?"

Looking through your bag it wasn't much. "I sure do!" You lied... you didn't even have enough pads to get through the day. Tampax are nice but just uncomfortable. That and you've gotten UTI infections like crazy.
"Don't worry dad! I'm fine ! Oh I gotta go!" Hanging up you curl up and embrace yourself.
"I don't have much time left alive, dad... How do I tell him?"

Your father looked at his flip phone feeling the silence devour him. You hung up on him before he could even tell you.

"Sweetheart, I-" he stopped himself smiling. All his money and time spent in the seas. He never achieved the role of Captain. Lives are different for everyone. Some push and struggle and never get anything. Others get by.

He wanted the best for you. The family wasn't poor, he just wanted whatever little he had for you.

------

Whatever curse was set upon your family you realized no one lives over the age of 60. So why even bother? Might as well do what you want.
Not really. You came out here to look for a job. But just for a while you wanted to enjoy the ocean.

Standing out in open waters it wasn't that exciting or special. There was no nature, bond. Just ocean and more ocean. Further over the ocean was you guessed it OCEAN!!

"Not the best on my bucket list."

"Why isn't it the best in your bucket list?"
A tall physically built man stood beside you whispering to you his question.

You were too occupied in your thoughts and staring down at the ocean to even notice or hear him.

"Si pudiera mirar en sus ojos azules, océano, ¿Qué vería?"

Blue eyes stared back at you from beneath the ocean.
"Hm?" You backed up as the eyes got closer to you. A face was rising up to the surface

"You would see me."
Those eyes were glowing blue when you first met him. That color shined into yours and it became the day he forever binded you to him. You now forever had a tint of light blue in your eyes.

"Weirdo." Your cheeks flushed as you started to turn around to leave. "You will not call me such an insult!" He reached out to grab your arm roughly. The sudden pain and his touch made you turn back smacking your open palmed hand against his face.

"Do not touch me! If you don't want me to call you a weirdo don't act like one! Don't ever touch me again!"

You screamed at him while heading back to the sandy lands.

"Stupid mudland eater..." Raising his trident up Poseidon twirled it around his waist before slicing the ocean in half.
Parting the seas in twos the tourists screamed and panicked in fear.

Some were swept into the circling motions the waves created to stay at rise. You watched in horror as their bodies spun, twirled, slammed against objects within the tides. They were nothing more than laundry in a washing machine.

The skies darkened as the currents rose higher and higher. The more water the tides took to make them taller the more things were being sucked up. Small boats were thrown out, people, surfers.

Turning to look over your shoulder to see the man you had slapped make his way to you. Oh if fear wasn't keeping you from moving. Sweet, sweet adrenaline saved the day. Fear and adrenaline are one heck of a combination.

Rising up to your feet you ran as fast as you could without looking back. Running with others that made it through. Jumping into the fair bus he didn't even ask for tickets or money. People just started panicking as stores closed.

Looking back you saw a tornado was starting to form. A tornado of water and wind tossed bricks, giant letters, anchors, boats. For a while it rained blood, guts, then fish. There was no sun or light. Just cloudy, loud, confusion.

Poseidon had partted the seas to rise them high enough. When it wasn't enough he started taking from the ocean. Both tides collided forming his god fearing tornado.

Like Moses parting the seas Poseidon would make the lands remember his wrath.

You stayed in the bus with everyone else as he drove through the streets. The military police were already on their way as you just looked down at your feet. You were cold. You were wet. You were scared.You smelled like rotten fish...

" What the hell just happened?"
You whispered.