Chap 16 Sweetness

Working around his schedule you realized how tiring it could be. No wonder he would be gone for hours, it was hard enough to keep up with him. Tall and long legged every stride he took was power and elegance.

Sitting on a bench aware of him and his business was a good space to catch your breath. Posideon couldn't focus with the matters, even excusing himself from the conversation.

"Are you alright?"

Having him kneel was the perfect height to see eye to eye. "Yes, I'm just here. Don't worry." You smiled trying to assure him you were fine even though you were hungry and thirsty. "Just here?" He asked, sliding his palm against your forehead.

"I'm fine."

Ending his meeting not caring for what they had to offer.
"Are you bored?" Posideon asked the most concerning question.

"Not really. I'm hungry and thirsty."

Resting his hand on your head his blue eyes beamed for a maid or a subject to appear but of course. There were none around. Such a private life he's lived not ever wanting his subject around him. Now, his practices of being antisocial are more of a consequence.

"You look very pale." Lifting you in his arms with the most ease his eyes were a pool of anger and worrisome.
"I'm fine I can walk."
His eyes watched you snuggle against his chest, melting in his arms like ice cream.
"I don't mind you carrying me around like this."

Flaring air out of his nostrils he couldn't help but to be enlightened by your humor.

"Indicating that you want me to do it more often."

He walked through the halls with you in his arms causing a disturbance amongst the subjects and guests.

"See that creature he carries?"
He could hear how they expressed themselves about you. This binding bond between a ruler and his subjects is that the ruler is to demand respect from his subjects.
But you?

A human that can't keep clean. Throws her shoes and socks when she's tired. Hates to leave dishes piled up at night but leaves them anyway. There are rules, morals, and a society code that humans have to live through. Just as gods and their subjects.
For humans that perfect human in society is dependent on the person's perspective.

Knowledge, wealth, power, success in just living. So much to learn, so much to do with such little time...
Posideon doesn't want you to be part of the kingdom's affairs; he doesn't want your working or doing anything. Your time is valuable to him. So little does he know of others. There's no interest except you. Just you.
He's making mistakes that he never once imagined. He's having to learn to care for you by making mistakes that put your health and life at risk.

Like a leaf in the center of a storm.

This fragile being in his kingdom amongst beautiful brutes. There are times he questions his decision in bringing you. His place is here, your place is with the world.
Believing that he's giving you the best. Making the best choices for you. Time is fast for gods. In a blink of an eye 10 years could have passed.

This dreadful reality continues to poison his thoughts. Making him hear things. Believing everyone around him wants to cause you harm. It's hard to restrain himself to find the self control of not being clouded by these feelings. Being paranoid over you is a danger. When his mind is clouded by you he's a danger not only to the world but the very world the gods live in.

What he feels for you is real. This is all he has. This one piece of humanity that you bring out from him. These complicated emotions with racing thoughts.