Chap 17 Stronger than me

"These fools are alive because of you." Poseidon said with disgust toward one of the lady's in waiting while setting you down on his dining chair.

"This!" You said feeling your heart race realizing where you were sitting.
"This is your chair!" You tried to push back but with little effort. Everything was of bigger portions. The forks and spoons felt like holding a SteakHouse knife.

Taking the utensils from your hand his eyes glared at the maiden's as he elegantly sliced the meat.
" Do you expect her to be able to enjoy her meal with this type of mockery?"

His eyes were steady as he fed you smaller portions.
"You, the personal cook, anyone you've worked with or associated with. I want you gone after this meal. Banished from my kingdom."

Your eyes widened, turning away from the meat in the fork. "Poseidon, no. Don't kick them out."

"They are useless." His hand aggressively squeezed your jaw forcing your mouth open. "Don't make me." He growled trying to shove the meat in your mouth but your tongue was pushing it away. Gripping the fork from his hand, your eyes flared. "Poseidon, where will they go? Don't banish them, just give them a different position. Or someplace where they won't be hurt or mistreated. Please, you promised me.."

You begged him, seeing how he turned away, tightening his hands into fists.
"These aren't your matters. LEAVE!!"

He shouted at the maids who jumped terrified feeling his voice shake them to the bone.
Even you sat in silence feeling nothing but his power eating your courage.

Once the door closed Poseidon pushed the chair back to cage you in between him. His hands gripping the arms rests leaning in. "Do you understand?" He asked, forcing fear into your heart but you wouldn't let him have it.

You've had just about enough of him, slapping your hand against his face.
If it wasn't for him relaxing his jaw your hand surely would have been damaged.

"You can't have my heart... Not the way you manipulate me. When I was a child I used to read these romantic stories. Thinking it would be that simple but now, I'm no longer stupid.
If this is where I'm going to be, if I'm going to be part of your life. Then at least respect me and what I have to say."

Pushing himself back, rubbing his palms against his face, smothering himself.
"No." He responded emotionless. Like if you were nothing.

Grabbing your plate, tossing it to his back, the shattered glass scattered across the floor and his legs with the little bit of meat that was left.

Fighting back your tears of frustration you had a death stair. There were no words you wanted to say, you wanted to keep your thoughts private. You were tired of him and you knew what you had to do. You don't have to tell him anything.. Someday you'll just do it..

Looking back at the mess and at your intensive stair. For a small human you frightened him. He didn't understand how. What could this fear be? Is it the excitement knowing that you are the only thing he can't harm or kill. You are his exception. Only you can cut his perfect skin.

The thought of his small little human managing to fight back a tyrant of the seas. To fight him. And he can't do a single thing about it. It excites him! Knowing you can pierce his heart with his own trident. Knowing that Hades would gladly wage war for you if Poseidon were to lay a hand on you.

He was right to bring you here.
"I dare you to bring me your strongest. If you wish to go back to the surface, I dare you to bring back someone stronger than me."