Chapter 47 : Romeo and Juliet shit

And of course, the day after Tommy had felt his entire consciousness and feelings going to shit, Ray had magically reappeared

Well, at least in his life. Online she was still as gone as ever, but she was still attending college. It was as if nothing had changed- she still had the ridiculously posh uniform on, every single detail about it perfectly fit onto her, her hair still remained partially covering her face, and she walked around with her friends like she had no cares in the world. But there was one very important addition to her usual lifestyle- she was now being followed and observed 24 hours.

The red-haired woman was in her late 20s and clearly quite experienced seeing by how she barely made any noise whenever she walked, and the hand tactically glued to her hip where a supposed firearm would've sat if this wasn't a school environment. Her dark brown eyes could kill even through the dead black sunglasses she wore at all times. She didn't seem very talkative, and did maintain an average distance of about 5 meters, but that still did not make anyone less uncomfortable.

"Who the hell is that woman?"
"Can't you see? That lady keeps following the one and only Marigold."
"I wonder what happened..."
"Do you think someone tried to kidnap her?"
"Nah, maybe some sort of attack threat?"
"To the Marigolds? Seriously? Why?"
"I did hear that her dad was involved in some shady business..."

Tommy turned away his head in disgust, trying to zone out the conversations around him. Ray wasn't even nearby as far as he knew, but everyone was going off about her. Somehow, everything in his life seemed to lead him back to her, even the gossip he heard at college. And it really didn't make him any less worried or upset.

"Hey Tom, fancy seeing you this early." One of Tommy's friends settled in the seat beside him, throwing his backpack onto the table. "Have you heard about that Raelynn girl-"

"YES!" Tommy suddenly exploded, his body aggresively turning towards his friend. The realization of what he'd just done arrived the moment he shut his mouth again, and he let out a small cough. "Yes, I have. Can everyone just like shut up about it?"

"Jesus man, no need to be upset. It's just some rumors, it's not like it concerns you." The other reached for his phone in order to exit the conversation.

But the thing was that it did concern Tommy. When Ray told him she'd gotten caught doing the whole streamer thing, he expected a grounding, or even her being completely banned from making content ever again. But just how much did she fuck up to earn herself a military trained body guard to follow her around even in school? Just how fucked were her parents in the head? And most importantly- was she okay? The memory of her sexual assault and panic attack were still fresh in Tommy's head, and for this to come right after seemed like too much for him, nevermind Ray herself.

It just seemed like the whole world had turned against her. And Tommy felt like shit about it.

->

Nearly the whole school day had passed by, and Ray wished to be 6 feet under already.