Chapter 17: A Vampire's Wrath: Part 1

Third Person POV

(Training Room: Night)

Alex was shooting robots and dodging lasers blindfolded with ease, Alex then unsheathed his swords and noticed that the sounds of lasers had stopped, Alex felt a presence behind, he then had his sword at the person's throat "Wow, Alex it's me!" Gar said and Alex lifted his blindfold "Sorry, Gar. Just being cautious." Alex said and sheathed his swords "I get that but, why are you training so late?" Gar asked "I have a habit of doing that..." Alex said and checked his phone for the time "And it's 5:00, might as well make breakfast." Alex said and the two started heading to the kitchen.

(Kitchen)

Alex was making cereal and Gar was eating a pop-tart, "Alex, can I ask you something?" Gar asked "Shoot." Alex said "What was your childhood like?" Gar asked and Alex stopped eating his cereal "It was...shitty." Alex said "That bad?" Gar asked and Alex sighed "Don't tell anyone, including Cass...my mom when died when I was born, my dad hated and abused me...mostly with his hands, but he did use knives, and occasionally a gun...then on a grateful and rainy night, I was out in my backyard, bleeding out from a gunshot wound, as my father tried to cut my head off, but then...I vanished out of his hands into a alley, and all the scars I had healed, and I teleported...far away from where he was, and I went to Ecuador...where I became the person you see before you." Alex said and wiped a tear, Gar regretted asking the question "Sorry, I didn't-" Gar said but Alex chuckled "It's okay...the past is the past." Alex said and they heard a "WHOOSH" they were confused and started walking towards it "What was-" Gar said but both were blindsided causing Alex to be knocked into the table and Gar tossed over the counter, Alex grabbed a knife and looked around, he saw someone move and he threw the knife at the figure, "Nice hit, Alex." the figure said in a British accent and Alex had a annoyed look on his face "Deaclius, you've got to be kidding." Alex said and a boy with white hair, red eyes, and fangs, stepped out wearing a black suit  "Who is this guy again?" the yellow voice said "Deaclius, we've had a intense rivalry since we were hired for that job in Pennsylvania. He is also the Prince of Vampires and son of Dracula." the white voice said "Why are you here?" Alex asked and Deaclius chuckled "Just one thing really..." Deaclius said and saw Gar getting up "On my father's orders." Deaclius said and he lunged at Gar about to bite him, but Alex tackled him and had him in a headlock "Your dad? I thought you never wanted daddy's approval." Alex said and Deaclius headbutted Alex "Least I can have my father's approval, he never hated me." Deaclius stated with a grin and Alex clenched his fist "I promised my girlfriend and myself, I be a better person...but right now, I really want to kill your ass." Alex said and Gar turned into rhino and charged at Deaclius knocking out of the room into the hub, Deaclius just smiled and when Gar changed into a tiger and lunged at Deaclius, he caught him and bit onto his neck "No!" Alex grabbed more knives and started throwing them at Deaclius who was annoyed but smiled "Your friend was good, if you want to end this, you know where I'll be." Deaclius said and went into the shadows disappearing and Alex was mad "Motherfucker!" Alex said and looked to see Gar was shaking and coughing violently "Ahhh shit, you're not changing into a vampire, but then again that's good." Alex said and picked up Gar and carried him to the med-bay.

(Morning: 4 Hours Later)

Cass, Bart, Connor and Cassie Sandsmark A.K.A Wonder Girl arrived at Mount Justice and saw the damage that happened

A Wonder Girl arrived at Mount Justice and saw the damage that happened

"Umm...why's there a hole in the wall?" Cassie asked and they headed into the kitchen and saw blood on the walls "Gar? Alex?" Bart asked and they heard Alex yell "In the med-bay!" Alex said and everyone went in there to see Alex getting into his new suit and Gar plugged into a stasis container, everyone was shocked "What happened?" Connor asked "Old enemy of mine...Deaclius, the son of Dracula and Prince of Vampires." Alex said and wiped his swords with holy water, Bart looked at Gar with concern "Did Gar get...bit?" Bart asked "Yeah, but I'm surprised he's not a vampire." Alex stated "Could be his powers, he's already a shapeshifter." Cass said "You're right...but that'll only keep the change at bay, he's infected, just not in the way it usually happens." Alex said and put on his mask and sheathed his swords wearing his new suit

Alex then started walking out of the med-bay when Cass stopped him "We're coming

Alex then started walking out of the med-bay when Cass stopped him "We're coming...Gar's our friend." Cass said and Alex smiled "I know, not just because plot of the story, but also because I couldn't stop if I could." Alex said and Cass ignored the first reason and smiled, everyone else got into their suits and headed into the Bio-Ship.