Chapter 39: Death to Deadpool: Part 5

Third Person POV

(Week Later: Star City: Apartment)

Alex woke up, chained up to a couch, he was confused then a beer can was thrown at his head.

"Good, you're awake." Cable stated and punched Alex, "Was hoping that bullet didn't kill you." Cable stated and Alex was scared.

"W-who are you?!" Alex exclaimed and Cable raised an eyebrow and raised his arm at Alex.

"Scan brain activity." Cable said and his arm scanned his head and put up a holographic display.

"Brain Activity is contaminated with unknown substance, subject's memories is inactive." His AI pointed out and Cable scoffed.

"Great...now I feel remorse." Cable said and knocked him out.

(Wayne Manor)

"Cass...don't leave." Steph stated trying to calm down her friend, who was packing, "No...I need to get away...from him." Cass said put her bag on her back.

Cass walked out of the room and saw Dick along with Jason in the hall, "You got everything?" Jason asked and Dick looked at her.

"Cass, if you need anything, let us know." Dick said and Cass nodded then walked down the stairs.

"Cass." a voice called out and she looked to see Bruce behind her, "I have nothing to say to you." Cass stated, coldly.

"I'm sorry...Alex didn't have to-" Bruce started but Cass cut him off, "You don't get to say his name! He died of the bullet you made!" Cass said stepping close to him.

"As far as I'm concerned...I'm no longer part of this family." Cass stated and threw her suit on the ground.

Bruce stood there, and Cass walked out, he sighed and looked at Alfred.

"What do I do, Al?" Bruce a upsked and Alfred started walking up the stairs.

"Give her time...she needs to grieve...you should know this well."

(Star City: Apartment)

Cable was repairing his gun and Alex just watched, "Do you know who I am?" Alex asked and Cable scoffed.

"Wish I didn't...but yeah, your name's Alex Jones, and you're a murdering piece of shit." Cable stated and Alex was taken back.

"What did I do?" Alex asked and Cable raised his arm and started showing him recordings of his old kills.

"All...of...this." Cable stated and Alex watched in shock, doing all the killings with a smile.

"Yeah...disgusting isn't it?" Cable asked and stopped the recordings, "Your memory will be back...just have to wait when." Cable said and went into his room.

Alex looked and saw guns with his logo on it, "Those must be mine." Alex stated, "They are dummy!" the yellow voice exclaimed and Alex jumped.

"Who said that?" Alex said "There's no one around, we're in your head." the white voice replied.

"How-" Alex asked, "Simple, you're batshit crazy!" the yellow voice explained.

"Now to get out of these restraints...dislocate your thumb." the white voice said and Alex was confused.

"What?" Alex asked "Break your thumb!" the yellow voice said and Alex did so, he winced and slid his hand out of the cuffs.

"Okay now what?" Alex whispered, "Oh gee wiz! Grab your guns and swords and teleport!" the yellow voice yelled and Alex grabbed his weapons.

"I...don't know how to teleport." Alex stated, "And you're not going to." Cable said and fired his several shots and Alex instinctively dodged and fired at Cable who rolled into the second room.

"How did I-" Alex started but was cut off, "Out the window, jump!" the white voice said and Alex did so and was now falling from 50 stories.

"AHHHH!" Alex yelled, "Why are you screaming? Teleport!" the yellow voice said "I don't know how!" Alex exclaimed.

"Just relax, think of an alleyway and go!" the white voice said and Alex was getting closer to ground.

"Why an alleyway?!" Alex asked "Just do it!" both of the voices stated and Alex started relaxing and before he hit the ground, he teleported.

(Alleyway)

Alex landed in an alleyway and groaned, "Ow." Alex said and got up then looked at a phonebooth and got inside.

"Maybe I can call someone and-" Alex started but then a device started scanning him.

"Alex Jones, Deadpool, DS-02." The Booth activated and Alex was transported through a Zeta-Tube.

(Mount Justice)

Cass was moving into her new room and Gar was helping her and they were talking.

"Are you sure Alex is dead? He always heals." Gar asked "I...don't know..." Cass stated then the two heard the zeta tube.

"Alex Jones, Deadpool, DS-02." the AI said and both of them were shocked.

"Alex?" Cass was confused and she ran into the main area and saw Alex alive, though he was confused.

"Alex? Dude, how are you alive?" Gar asked, "I'm sorry, but, I don't know who you are..." Alex stated and Cass walked up to him.

Cass moved some hair away from his forehead and saw the scar from the bullet.

"The bullet...it erased your memory." Cass stated and Alex raised an eyebrow.

"What bullet?"