Chapter 45: Final Conflict: Part 1

Third Person POV

(Gotham City)

Batman was on a rooftop looking over the city, then Nightwing landed beside him, "We've checked all his hideouts Bruce, he's not anywhere in the city." Nightwing stated.

"It's different...he's not doing the same gimmick." Batman said and Nightwing raised an eyebrow.

"He died...maybe coming back messed with his head." Nightwing concluded and Batman looked at Amusement Mile in the distance.

"Not likely."

(Detroit: Penthouse)

Zana was sitting down on the couch in the living room, reading a book and drinking coffee.

She then felt a presence and smiled, "Hello, my son." She greeted and turned to see Alex was his suit, his mask laying on the counter.

"Hey, mom." Alex said smiling and Zana stood up.

"How was Japan?" Zana asked and Alex sighed, "Pretty...eventful to say the least...where's Dad?" Alex stated and Zana raised an eyebrow.

"At a business meeting in Rome." Zana said and Alex looked around, "Okay, tell him to stay in Rome...and I need you to stay here." Alex explained and put on his mask.

He was about to leave till his mother stopped him, "Alex, what's happening?" Zana asked.

"Something bad...nothing I can't handle." Alex stated then teleported, leaving.

(Mount Justice)

Black Canary and Green Arrow were in the hub of the mountain, searching for traces of the Joker.

"Nothing...unsurprising but I hoped we picked up something by now." Black Canary stated and Green Arrow sighed.

"Whatever he's up to...he really wants to make it a surprise." Green Arrow said then the Zeta Tubes started opening.

"Superman, S-B1" the AI stated and Superman came out and walked up to them.

"Find anything?" Superman asked and they shook their heads.

"We didn't find Joker, but we do have whereabouts on Deadpool...he's heading for Gotham, but he's stopped at Metropolis." Green Arrow informed and Superman nodded.

"I'll talk to him, to see if he can help with this." Superman stated and was about to take off.

"Word of advice...currently he's been through...a lot." Black Canary explained and Superman flew out of the mountain.

(Metropolis)

Deadpool was flying on his hoverboard, he was looking down over the city, then he flipped onto a building, landing and catching his hoverboard.

He then sat down on the roof and took off his mask.

"Why are we stopping? We're almost to Gotham." Red Box asked.

"He's right, we're basically at the edge of the city." White Box stated.

"Why did I become a mercenary?" Alex asked, sitting on a ledge.

"Um, let's see, you ran away to Ecuador, met Dakota, joined his Crime-Family, went through training with Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger and Ghost-" White Box started but Alex cut him off.

"I asked why, not how." Alex said and looked at his mask, with confliction.

"Everytime, I put on this mask...it's chaos...I have so many sins but don't have any guilt...and that's what Deadpool is for...to be able to the insane and psychotic things...but I've lost the reason why." Alex explained then heard a whistling sound.

He turned slowly and saw Death, leaning against a wall.

"Now you're getting it." Death stated and Alex put on his mask and aimed his guns at Death who scoffed.

"What are you doing here?" Deadpool demanded and Death chuckled, "Just seeing how my plan is coming along." Death explained.

Deadpool was confused but then had a realization, "It wasn't a Lazarus Pit that brought Joker back...it was you." Deadpool revealed and Death chuckled.

"Yes, Yes, I brought a monster back to the human world...but that's because a monster needs to be put down by another monster...YOU." Death explained and started circling Deadpool.

"You see, Mr. Jones...you killed a lot of people...guilty and innocent for a dollar in your pocket...and the body count is a higher number above 2,000." Death stated and was in front of Deadpool.

"And now...to see if you learned from past sins." Death finished and in a blink of an eye, he was gone.

Deadpool looked in the far distance and saw Gotham.

"Fuck you Death...I'll show you." Deadpool said and ran then flipped off the building and started diving.

Deadpool was about to land but then was caught, he then looked up to see Superman who was flying with him.

"Deadpool, good to meet you again, though I wish it was on better circumstances." Superman said and Deadpool smiled lightly.

"Likewise."

(Gotham: Wayne Tower)

Batman and Black Bat along with Spoiler and Red Robin were getting new tech from Lucius Fox who was briefing them on how to use it.

"Those are Anti Joker Masks, if he decides to use his toxin, but on a stronger scale, that counter it's effects." Lucius stated and Batman nodded.

"What if the masks fail?" Spoiler asked, and Lucius showed them vials of serum.

"Then drink these, as a backup." Lucius said and a figure landed on the railing behind them.

They all turned to see Deadpool perched and he got off.

"Well, that has to be a...pretty cool backup." Deadpool stated and Black Bat walked up to him.

"You're back." Black Bat stated and noticed the cuts on his jacket.

"Who'd you fight?" Black Bat asked and Deadpool chuckled, "Deathstroke, I kicked his ass." He explained smiling then Batman walked up to him.

The two looked at each other, intensely, then they shook hands.

"Welcomr back Deadpool." Batman stated and Deadpool smiled a bit.

"Good to be back."