Chapter 46: Final Conflict: Part 2

Third Person POV

(Batcave)

Alex was training, blindfolded, shooting and countering his targets, he then leaned back from strike and shot the target threw its head.

Alex then ducked a sword strike and kicked the sword out of enemy hands, and impaled the target.

Alex then flipped into the air and fired guns hitting more targets.

"Simulation Paused."

Alex then took off his blindfold and Damian was in front of him.

"I heard you were here...don't break anything Jones." Damian stated and Alex scoffed.

"Nice to see you to, Damian." Alex said sarcastically and cracked his knuckles and started drinking from a water bottle.

"My father is hosting a gala at Wayne Tower...a way to keep the return of the Joker from causing fear in the higher society of Gotham." Damian explained and Alex threw away the water bottle.

"Okay? And?" Alex asked then Damian looked at him, "He has invited you to the gala...as a way to show that the grudge is...water under the bridge." Damian finished.

Alex smiled a little and shrugged, "Tell your dad, thanks, but no thanks." Alex stated and Damian smirked then started walking away.

"Okay...then I guess Cass is gonna be stuck with Tommy from Gotham Academy all night." Damian said and Alex was now in front of him.

"What time?" Alex asked and  Damian chuckled.

"8:00, be there...also wear something nice." Damian stated and went upstairs.

When he left, Alex looked at the reader and me then gave us a look.

"Who the fuck is Tommy?"

(Gotham Academy)

Cass, Tim and Stephanie were at the entrance of the school, waiting for Alfred to pick them up.

"So, think the Gala is going to be the same as every year or...different?" Tim asked scrolling through his phone.

"Considering what's happening with Joker...the same." Steph stated then a guy with black hair walked up to them.

"Sup Tim, Steph...Hey, Cass." the guy said seductively and they all groaned.

"Hey Tommy." Cass greeted, annoyed and Tommy smirked.

"Me and my friends are going to the gala tonight...just wanted to let you know beautiful." Tommy stated then left.

Tim and Steph chuckled, "Just wait till he meets Alex." Tim said, smirking.

"That is if Alex is going...is he?" Steph asked and Cass shrugged.

"I don't know...but if he does...he will be a wild card." Cass stated then the limo pulled up and they got inside.

Alfred looked back and smiled, "Miss Cain, Mr. Jones wanted me to tell you that he will be attending the gala...and he wants to know who Tommy is." Alfred stated and Cass face palmed.

"Damian." Cass said and Tim laid back against the seat.

"Hey, at least he'll meet Tommy."

(New Mexico: Al's Apartment)

Alex arrived at his grandmother's apartment then he went into his room, "Hey grandma." Alex greeted and started going through his closest.

"Hey sweetie...how was Japan?" Al asked and Alex sighed, "It was...eventful." He said and found his suit from his date with Cass.

"How's Stag been doing? He hasn't been in trouble has he?" Alex asked Al chuckled.

"That dragon has surprisingly been very behaved since you left." Al said and Alex started heading out the window.

"I'll check on him...and I'm going to a gala tonight...I'll be back at...10...ish." Alex said and jumped out the window.

(Garage)

Alex opened the garage door and saw Stag slightly awake, watching old TV, Alex chuckled and petted Stag.

"Missed ya buddy...I'll be home tonight...that way you won't stay sad." Alex said and Stag smiled then went to sleep.

Alex then left the garage and smiled.

"Now...for time for the gala."

(Wayne Enterprises)

Bruce and Damian were standing on stage, looking around as everyone rich society member of Gotham was entering the gala.

"You put a lot of work into this father, even if it is to cloud people's fears." Damian stated and Bruce sighed.

"Sometimes Damian, people need hope instead of fear." Bruce explained.

Damian then looked around and saw Alex leaning against a wall, drinking champagne.

"He's actually here....surprising." Damian stated then he and Bruce started talking to families of Gotham.

Tim, Steph and Cass were off in the crowd, talking, and avoiding Gotham's elite.

"What do you know...just like every other Gala." Tim stated and Steph sighed.

"Someday...Bruce will liven things up a bit." Steph stated and Cass chuckled then saw Alex and smiled.

Alex looked at her and smiled then started making his way towards her.

Then Tommy was in front of Cass and she groaned, annoyed.

"Nice to see you beautiful, care to-" Tommy started but was pushed by Alex who smirked.

"Sorry, but she's mine." Alex stated and the two started walking away with Tommy being shocked.

"Who is that?" Tommy asked and Tim was beside him, "Alex Jones...her boyfriend." Tim stated and patted Tommy on the back.

Alex and Cass were now outside the gala and at the balcony, looking over Gotham and Alex chuckled.

"Y'know, for how much I think Gotham sucks...it's actually nice." Alex stated and Cass smiled and then noticed Alex had his weapons on him.

"Expecting trouble?" Cass asked and Alex sighed, "With being me? Always." He explained and Cass cupped the side of his face.

"Alex...you may look otherwise, but you are hiding your pain." Cass stated and Alex chuckled.

"You got me." Alex said and pulled his mask out, and looked at Cass.

"Cass...after all of this is over...Deadpool is dying."