Chapter 3: A small world

In the morning, Diana woke up after Jason, she is tired, her wrist hurts from Jason's violence last night. She gets up, puts on her bathrobe and goes down to the kitchen to have her breakfast. Jason hasn't even put away his bowl and hasn't done his dishes, there's a yellow note on the fridge: There's no more milk!

Not even a hello, not a please, and not even an I love you. She's so sad that Jason has become that kind of man, she loves him, but he doesn't love her anymore. She can't cry so much that she cried last night, she takes her breakfast loving the calm of the house despite the mess her fiancé has made.

~!~

She parks her car in the parking lot, takes her shopping list and starts walking between the shelves. She wears an old gray sweater and pants; she made a messy bun. She has $140 worth of groceries: she carries the big shopping bags. Suddenly the bags are torn and fall to the ground right next to her car, she has tears because she can no longer bear this situation. She feels weak, and submissive, for her no one can understand her current situation, she feels unloved by her fiancé who constantly hits her, rapes her, and ruins everything she does.

Suddenly, as she picks up the products she has dropped off, someone approaches her, and the helper has picked up her bags. She gets up and realizes that the man standing in front of her is Taker, he has a black sweatshirt and a black coat, black pants and a gray bandanna tied around his forehead. What is he doing there? does he also live in Houston? thought Diana.

"It's a small world, do you also live in Houston?" He asked surprised that he met Larry's new little assistant here, she looks different, she has a sad look as if the light she had in the WWF last night was taken away from her. "Yes sir, thank you for helping me with my luggage." She said closing her car trunk without looking at Taker, not wanting him to meet her sorrowful eyes. She was going to the driver's door when Taker grabbed her arm gently. "You look sad, are you okay?" He asked wanting to know what happened to her, very worried about her condition. "Yes, I'm fine, don't worry. Well, see you at work, have a nice day, Taker." She said putting a fake smile on her face before getting in her car and leaving the parking lot. She looked in her rearview mirror, and saw Taker watching her go. A tear rolled down her cheek.

~!~

She parked outside her garage at home, grabbed the bags and drove home. She realizes that Jason is already at home, he is on the sofa, a beer in his hand watching TV. She put the groceries away and started to prepare lunch, Jason joined her in the kitchen. "So what's your new job?" he asked half drunk, sitting back against the edge of the counter, looking at his sweet bride. "I am a medical assistant for a wrestling federation." She says without looking at him as he smirks and drinks his beer. "So you're going to treat guys who fight in a ring in their underwear?" He asked laughing not believing that she accepted this shitty job. Diana decided not to answer him because he already knows the answer. Jason slid behind her, she started shaking with fear. Jason whispered in her ear. "If there's a guy who approaches you, talks to you, or even flirts with you, you're going to suffer my beautiful and him with it. Anyway, I'll be there, I'll show my presence as I always have. ." He said in a menacing voice before pulling away from her, spanked her on the buttocks in passing, and returned to the living room. She tried to hold back her tears and continued to cook.

~!~

Taker is in his car, he sees Diana's kitchen from his car and he followed her not believing she was okay. She is married? she looks scared of her husband, Taker thought. He restarts his car and leaves.

~!~

In the evening, Diana decides to read the WWF magazine which she bought this morning, Larry advised her to know more about the federation and the wrestlers. She reads an article on Kane, one on Mankind, one on Sable, one on Debra, one on Stone cold, one on rock, one on Undertaker, etc. She sees a big double-page article on the Ministry of Darkness with Undertaker in the center, she reads the article when suddenly Jason grabs her by the neck and kicks the magazine, slams it against the wall. "I...I didn't do anything..." She tries to speak but her breath is blocked by an angry Jason's big hand.

"Do you like him ?" He asked furiously, she tried to answer him but he slapped her hard before bringing her face back to his. "Do you think I'm dumb or what? don't act like you're reading, your eyes were on this guy!" He said pointing at the magazine, before she answered, he threw her against the wall hard before taking the magazine and ripping it off before throwing it at her. "Even this guy, I destroy him if I see him talking to you." He said before taking it back in his hand but not squeezing her neck this time, just forcing her to look at him. She cried, she just read the magazine, she did nothing wrong, he looks at her with disgust. "I'm going to pack my suitcase for tomorrow because tomorrow and in the days to come, I'll follow you to your work my dear. And it's in your best interest not to say anything else." He threatens before letting her go and hits his own hand with his fists to make her understand that if she says something he doesn't like, she will be beaten.