Chapter 10: An eerie calm

The next morning, Diana wakes up slowly and stretches her arms. thinks back to her evening with Taker last night. She had such a great night with him, she's never had so much fun with anyone and she didn't think hanging out with Taker was fun. She got up and went to take a shower before leaving for the next town. She meets Taker in the corridors, passing in front of her with his suitcases giving her a wink with a small smile, she smiles at him shyly.

~!~

Diana goes to the parking lot with her suitcases and suddenly sees a white van and realizes that it's Jason, he came to get her? It's a first. thought Diana. Diana puts her suitcases in the van and climbs into the passenger seat, Jason watches her get into the van. He leans in to kiss her before starting the engine. "It's a first for you to pick me up." She said to Jason surprise that he was there. He shrugged, running his hand calmly through his short hair. "There's a first for everything, isn't there?" He said rolling then looking at her nodded.

During the journey, Diana is very calm, she looks out the window of the van still thinking about her evening yesterday. And also think of Taker. Jason noticed that his fiancee is very quiet today, it was strange. He decided to break the silence between the two. "How's it going ?"

Diana comes out of her thoughts and looks at Jason who is focused on the road. "Yes, I'm fine, I'm just tired." she lies. Jason frowned not feeling any fatigue in his voice but hey, he decided to ignore it. "How was yesterday?" He asked wanting to know what she did yesterday. "Very well..." she replied simply. Jason looks at her with a frown, finds it weird that she's so calm, he didn't come for Valentine's Day and she's calm? What happened? Jason thought.

~!~

As soon as they arrive in the city where RAW will take place, Diana takes her suitcases to bring them to her hotel room. Jason takes his bag and sees Taker and his Ministry in the distance, he looks at him dangerously hoping that he hasn't approached his fiancé during his absence.

Taker notices that Jason is staring at him so he does the same. Smirks at him while looking at him, Paul sees what Taker is looking at and decides to grab him by the arm forcing him back into the hotel, not wanting a fight now but Taker doesn't break the look until he is in the hotel.

~!~

As soon as Jason walks into the bedroom, he sees Diana on the bed, her hands are under the pillow, looking out the window and she looks pensive. Jason annoyed, throws his bag against the wall startling Diana. "Can you tell me what's going on today?!" He asked shouting being fed up with this silence. "I'm fine Jason, I'm just tired, nothing more." She said, repeating that she's tired. Jason comes dangerously close to her. "So I want an answer to my other question which is why are you so quiet when I didn't come to Valentine's Day yesterday? Normally if I know my fiancé you would have said something but now nothing." He said wanting her to give him a clear, clean and precise answer. When Diana doesn't answer him, he approaches her and puts his hand on her cheek to force her to look at him. "Tell me the truth." He ordered looking her in the eyes as she had fear in her eyes. "Nothing happened yesterday, I went back to the hotel and fell asleep. And I'm not surprised by your behavior anymore, that's all." She said trying to be as convincing as possible.

Jason gently lifts his hand from Diana's cheek as Diana leans her head against the pillow and closes her eyes, wanting to rest. Diana starts to drift away from Jason, she thinks back on what Taker told her and he's right, she shouldn't be Jason's plaything despite their fiancé. It's not life to always be under someone's control. She would so love to have more parties like yesterday. Jason grabs his jacket, decides to take a walk, and leaves Diana in the bedroom.

~!~

In the evening, Diana and Jason go to the arena, Jason shows his badge to security and follows Diana. Diana says hello to everyone smiling, she walks over to the ministry and says hello to them and Taker, as usual, takes Diana's hand and kisses on the back of her hand, whenever Taker does this to her, she blushed instantly. Jason saw this scene from afar and decided to say hello too but when he shook Taker's hand he squeezed it hard and Taker squeezed his hand just as hard in turn looking dangerously in the eyes.

~!~

During the show, Jason remained calm, he stayed in the treatment room watching Diana work. Diana didn't even pay attention to Jason, she just talked to Larry and laughed with him. Jason noticed that Diana is happier than usual and he finds it weird, he always wonders if she did things she shouldn't while he was gone yesterday.

"Gimme! gimme! gimme! a man after midnight!"

Diana sang remembering the songs she heard at the party yesterday, she really wants to go out after the show, Larry is very happy to see her happy, it's the first he sees her with a smile like this.