Chapter 7: be a free woman

The more the weeks pass, the more Diana looks dead inside, she no longer has any emotion that can be read on her face, and that worries some people at the WWF and especially Larry. Vince gave her days off until the Valentine's Day Massacre event. When she had questions about her eye, she always looked for excuses, she hides her black eye with an eye patch like a pirate.

During her time off, Jason continues to abuse her, both physically and mentally. But at this moment, at home, she receives letters from someone anonymous, there is no name written, no address either. she receives letters of encouragement as if there is someone who knows what she is going through, but she has never found out who it was behind these letters. She hid them in her work bag so Jason wouldn't know.

~!~

It's Valentine's Day, she's back to work but with a bit of relief when Jason doesn't want to come with her because of some important business. She walked into her hotel room, put her things down and looked at herself in the mirror, took off her eye patch, saw that her eye was still a bit black, the marks on her neck were starting to fade.

Someone knocked on the door, she put on her blindfold and went to open it. Diana sees Paul Bearer with a bouquet. "Hello Diana, we knew you weren't too well for a few days, that's why you haven't come to work for a few days, know that we are very happy to have you back with us." Said Paul smiling, very happy to see her again. Diana gave Paul a sincere smile, very nice to have her in mind. "And here are these flowers from Undertaker. He was worried about you and asked me to tell you that you had the protection of an undertaker." Said Paul handing the flowers to Diana, she's very flattered, take Paul's flowers, they're so pretty. Black and white roses are Diana's favorite but wonders how Taker knew this information.

"Could I personally thank Undertaker?" She asked before Paul nodded and walked her to Taker's room downstairs. Diana thanks Paul and as soon as he leaves she knocks on Taker's door, waiting for him to open it, she sniffs the flowers. Taker opened the door with a towel around his waist, he had just gotten out of the shower visibly, there were drops of water falling on his muscular chest which made him even sexier. "Oh Miss Fox, what a surprise." Said Taker smiling, putting his arm against the doorstep. "I wanted to thank you for the flowers and your protection." She said smiling, Taker smiled shaking his head gently. "You're welcome, Miss Fox. This is the first time I've given someone my protection..." Taker said but stopped when he realized she was wearing an eye patch, not remembering that she wore one a few days ago. he went to touch her face but by reflex pulled her face back with his hand. This is battered wife behavior. thought Taker.

"Don't worry anymore, you are under my protection." he said to Diana with a murderous look, wanting to grab Jason and beat him until he couldn't speak.

~!~

It's the event, the Valentine's Day massacre, tonight Diana is at the arena with Larry who was delighted to see her again, told her an excuse for her eye when he asked her why she was wearing a eye patch.

During the whole show, 3 out of 4 guys who came to the treatment room were supposed to ask Diana out, but each time she refused. She prefers to stay focused at work and not be tempted by the temptation to have fun at work even if she is already having fun.

Taker is backstage when one of his ministers returns from the treatment room. "Well, did you try to date her too?" Bradshaw asked seeing Edge walk out of the treatment room, disappointed. "Yes, but she refused." Said Edge sadly, disgusted before his co-workers teased him. "She's engaged, you know, right? She's faithful to her fiancé, that's normal." Paul says then watches Taker suddenly go to the treatment room. "Taker, where are you going?" Paul shouted enough for Taker to hear but he completely ignored him. He wants to prove to them that The Undertaker will succeed in having a date with her. He doesn't care if Jason is angry, if he touches her, he'll be dead anyway, now that she's under his protection. He walked into the treatment room with his ministry behind him. He removes his hood from his head and returns to his ministry.

"Learn." He says smiling at them and walks over to Diana who is putting the bandages away in the small closet while Larry watches the scene from the other side. He clears his throat to let her know he's behind her, she turns around and gives him a small smile. "Taker, what can I do for you?" She asked thinking he would like a massage or some medicine, Taker put his hands behind his back.

"Actually, I would like to ask you something, Miss Fox." He said calmly, looking at her friendly, ignoring the judgmental whispers from his colleagues behind. "oh, and what is it?" She asked smiling then Taker gently holds her hand, brings it back to his mouth to kiss her tenderly and smiles at her. "May I have the honor of dining with you tonight?" he asked, like a gentleman. Diana laughs at his request, that's a lot of dating proposals in one night for her. She doesn't know what the boys are up to tonight. Even the lessee gets involved. "Oh you know Taker you're not the first to ask me and I turned everyone down." She said smiling sadly.

Larry approaches the ministry while watching the scene. sigh of annoyance that tonight everyone is bothering Diana at work, even the most respected man in the company is getting into it. "It looks bad for Taker." Paul noticed looking at Taker and Diana while Larry did the same. "Like everyone else, he will be denied." Said Larry with a sigh, being fed up with guys in heat. Taker looks her straight in the eye, without letting go of her hand, he rubs his thumb against the back of her hand.

"Miss Fox, I know why you turn everyone down. Don't be afraid to be the leader of your life, don't be afraid to be whoever you want, don't be afraid to have fun, don't don't be afraid to speak up, don't be afraid to talk about your feelings and your wishes, don't be afraid to go out, don't be afraid to make friends and make decisions for yourself, and above all , be a free woman, don't let anyone control you." Says before kissing her hand one last time, and leaves with his ministry, very confident that at the end of the event, he will have a date with her in his pocket.

"Damn, even Taker got turned down!" Bradshaw said putting his hand over his mouth, shocked that Taker was refused but Taker looked at him with a confident look and shook his head.

"She didn't say no or yes, so I still have a chance." He said before winks at him and puts his hood back on his head and concentrates on the event.