Chapter 24: Stay

For days, they worked on Taker's memory and Diana stayed with him to try to remind him of the things they had spent together. Taker remembered little things like the horse ride and the Rage Party. When Taker's memory resurfaces, he remembers his colleagues but he had trouble remembering his job and why he is called Undertaker. He's sitting on the hospital bed, ready to leave for Houston with Diana so he can rest when the doctor comes to his room. "Hello, Mr. Calaway, before you leave, I want to give you one last test to see if your memory has recovered." Said the doctor, Taker huffs, annoyed, wanting to leave this hospital as quickly as possible to go home.

"Your name ?"

"Mark Calaway"

" Born the ?"

"March 24, 1965"

"Occupation ?"

Taker thinks and looks at Diana, who gives him a look of encouragement, she knows he remembers, and she holds his hand. Taker turns his attention to the doctor who is waiting for his answer.

"Wrestler?" Taker says hesitantly then the doctor looks at him with a frown, not liking to see him leave without him having completely healed.

"It took you a long time to respond. Anyway, your wrestling name?" Asked the doctor looking at his notepad while Taker feels Diana's hand go to his arm.

"Hmm...Undertaker?"

"well, you will still need a few days of rest, you are still hesitating." The doctor said looking at him while Taker shrugged his shoulders. "Yes, but am I all right?" He says as he gets up and takes his coat. "yes but..." He tried to say but Taker doesn't want to hear anything. "So, I can leave..." He said interrupting the doctor who hadn't finished her sentence, he just wanted to go home with his girlfriend, wanting to rest in front of the fireplace with her in his arms.

~!~

As soon as he returned to Houston, he went to the kitchen to get something to drink, he was very thirsty during the trip. Diana places the suitcases in the hallway near the front door and she doesn't know if Taker would like her to stay or not. "Well, here I go, Taker." She says shyly, Taker turns to her, walking towards her, not understanding why she wants to leave.

"Aren't you staying?" He asked looking at her with tired eyes wanting to quickly take a nap but with his girlfriend. "You want me to stay ?" She asked looking at him, he took her hands and placed his forehead against hers. "Stay. We'll collect your remaining belongings from your house tonight. I don't want Jason to have another chance to hurt you. I told you I was going to protect you and as soon as I find Jason, I'm going to kill." He said before kissing her gently. He goes to the couch to lie down as soon as his head hurts again. As Diana walked towards the couch where Taker is. She places her head on Taker's chest who holds her in his arms.

~!~

Jason is at a bar in Houston, sipping his beer, trying to find a way to get revenge on Diana and her new boyfriend. Unable to believe she quickly replaced him with the one he hates the most. When he heard the news that Undertaker was flirting with the WWF assistant; he thought it was just a rumor, nothing was true since Diana loved Jason to death but when he wanted to verify this rumor by following her whenever she went to Taker... He was in angry with him and wants revenge. ..But Jason is proud that he at least injured Taker in the head, when he saw him fall unconscious on TV, he had a big smile on his face. He knew it was due to his attack.

"Jason?"

He frowned wondering who it was but the voice was familiar. He hadn't heard that voice in a long time, he looked over his shoulder and saw Victoria, surprised to see her. "I haven't seen you for a long time." He says, very surprised to see her again after years, she approaches him as surprised as he is. "I could tell you the same thing, what are you doing here?" She says; sitting next to him while he drinks his beer.

"I'm thinking." He says while watching TV from the bar and sees Undertaker on the TV leaving the hospital with the one Jason loved. He tightens his hand around his glass, wanting to kill him. "What an asshole this guy is..." She said with disgust that he chose this bitch over her. Jason almost spits out his beer when Victoria says that; surprised, he looks at her. "Do you know this guy?" he asked.

"Yes, he made me hope to have something with him but he chose to be with a poor assistant than me." She said and jumped when Jason shattered his glass in his own hand, not believing what she had just said. "The woman he's with was my fiancée, that bastard stole her from me." He said in an intimidating tone wanting revenge. They watch television and look at each other, smiling at the idea they just had in mind.