Chapter 16: A light in a black heart

Taker slowly wakes up to sunlight through the window, he realizes that Diana is sleeping across from him. She has an angel face when she sleeps, he gently strokes her cheek watching her sleep. He doesn't know why he reacts like that and is surprised that he didn't try something with her. Normally if he has the opportunity to have sex with a woman, he takes her but now it's not the same with Diana, not because it was a woman who was beaten by her ex-fiancé, or it's the medical assistant of the WWF, just he does not want to take advantage of her and begins to have something in his black heart for her.

He gets up slowly from the bed so as not to wake her up and goes down the stairs, stretching. He heads for the kitchen to get himself a glass of juice. He hears his phone ringing which is on the counter, seeing Victoria's name and her number, he sighs in annoyance then picks up. "What do you want?" He asked his interlocutor, he could hear Victoria moaning. "Finally you pick up!" She said almost screaming, Taker starts to get upset that she calls him all the time especially when she knows he's in the company of other people. "How was your evening ?" She asked, curious about what he did that night and if he slept with his date. Taker rubs his eyes, trying to wake up and trying to stay polite. "It's none of your business, what do you want?" He asked, refusing to answer her, she huffed. "Do you remember you promised me that I would accompany you to the WWF Rage Party?" She asked, Taker frowning as he nodded as he downed his glass. "yep"

"I just wanted to know if the plans hadn't changed since you were in good company yesterday..." She said questioningly.

Taker drinks his glass of juice, annoyed that she's calling him just for that, he's really fed up with her jealousy and damn it, he does what he wants, they're not together.

"Vi, first, I do what I want, date whoever I want, fuck whoever I want, I'm not yours and never will be. Second, if you don't want me to rescind the promise I made to you, stop your jealousy and stop meddling in things that don't concern you. We're not together. Okay?" He said before hanging up, hearing Diana coming down the stairs, she went into the kitchen to join Taker who was sitting on a stool drinking a juice.

"Do you want pancakes for breakfast?" He asked his guest who just woke up, she smiled at him and nodded. "Please."

He prepares everything necessary to make pancakes, Diana helps him to make pancake batter. She puts the plates and cutlery while Taker cooks the pancakes, she never thought Taker knew how to cook. She watches him as she sets the plates down, Taker feels her watching him.

"Why are you looking at me like that ?" He guessed, getting used to the feeling of someone watching him, without taking his eyes off his pan, continuing to cook the pancakes. "I didn't think you knew how to cook since you forgot to cook yesterday. I.." She says before being cut off by Taker's gaze who is looking at her, frowning. "You thought that was an excuse? I really forgot to cook but otherwise I can cook, who do you take me for?" he asked, letting out a small laugh and turning back to the stove. "Honestly, yes..." She affirmed, Taker laughs at her assertion, not believing his ears, he brings back the dish with the pancakes and puts it on the table. "I'm a jack of all trades." he said taking pancakes to put them on Diana's plate and put some on her plate too. She thanks him and starts eating. "Crepes are good." She said as she chewed, watching him put syrup on his pancakes. "So you see, Taker should be a good husband." He said smiling before eating as well. Diana laughed at his comment and continued eating as Taker smiled at her as he gulped down his drink.

~!~

After breakfast, Diana leaves to take a shower while Taker goes to do the dishes in the kitchen. She undresses and goes to the shower, she had a good night despite the attempted burglary that night. She still thinks it was Jason, who else would want to scare Diana? and piss off Taker at the same time? Jason is someone who won't stop until he gets what he wants.

As soon as Diana is ready to leave, Taker helps her put on her coat and walks her to her car. He takes her soft hands and looks into her eyes. "Thank you again for agreeing to have dinner with me even though I forgot to cook." He said sincerely, having had a very nice evening in his company. "Don't worry, the pizza was very good too, I had a great evening with you." She said smiling, he smiled too before gently kissing her hands she couldn't help smiling and blushing every time he did that. An awkward silence settles between the two, not knowing what to say more, Taker decided to break this silence. "See you at work then?" He said smiling, she takes her bag and she smiles at him. "See you at work soon." She said before going to her car, Taker has his hands in his pockets watching her go to her car. "Diana?" He said loud enough for her to hear that before she got in her car, she turned to him and smiled at him. "If you need, do not hesitate to call me." He said knowing that maybe she will need him. "Thank you, Taker."

He waves to tell her it's nothing, she starts the engine of her car and leaves leaving Taker who watches her go, he lowers his head and takes a deep breath.

~!~

He returns home, decides to go to the bathroom to put some water on his face, and looks at himself in the mirror. He begins to think, that something has happened inside him, yesterday was a beautiful night, he was so close to her, the horse walk, the songs. He never did that with a woman before her. they shared the same bed and he didn't even try to have something hotter with her unlike he used to do with other women. His black heart is agitated when he sees Diana, beating a little faster than before.

"What's happening to me..."