Chapter 27: Meet my family

Mark never told Diana about his family, but he never thought they would call him over for a family dinner. It's a little too early for the presentation but he can't back out, he's already said yes. He knows his family has already heard rumors that they are dating, but he hopes they won't bombard her with questions. She's already seen Mark Calaway's life, now she's going to meet his family. She's a little anxious on the way, wondering if everything will be okay and how will they react to seeing her. When they arrive in front of Mark's parents' house, Mark turns off the car engine, takes a deep breath and looks at Diana who is as stressed as he is. "Be yourself, everything will be fine." Said Mark, trying to reassure her before kissing her tenderly.

They walk hand in hand towards the front door, Mark knocks on the door while Diana still holds his hand, squeezes it a little from the stress. The door opens and Mark lets go of Diana's hand when an elderly woman with glasses hugs him. "How are you, my son? How is your head?" Asks Catherine, Mark's mother, who looks at him while holding her face in her hands. "I'm fine, Mom." He said, reassured her by hugging her back, he took Diana's hand who was behind him, brought her closer, and she smiled at the old woman.

"Mom, this is Diana Fox, my girlfriend. Diana, this is my mother, Catherine Calaway." Said Mark introducing Diana to his mother who smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Calaway."

Diana reached out to shake Mark's mother's hand but Catherine hugged her.

"Call me Catherine, darling, come in." She said looking at her, very happy to finally meet her youngest son's girlfriend.

Mark and Diana enter the house, she follows Mark who greets his four brothers, and he introduces her to his brothers who seem delighted to meet her. Diana sees in the distance an old gentleman arriving, Mark goes to greet him, he chats with him a little and the gentleman looks at her. Mark and the gentleman go to Diana's house. "Dad, this is Diana Fox, my girlfriend. Diana, this is Frank Calaway, my father." He said to his father who smiled at the beautiful blonde who smiled politely. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Calaway." She said greeting him, he greets her delighted to tell her about it. "Nice to meet you too, Diana, please call me Frank. Let me tell you, you have pretty eyes." Said Frank sincerely, Diana smiled and accepted the compliment.

"Thank you, Frank."

Suddenly, six children appear out of nowhere to hug Mark, they haven't seen their uncle in a long time. Mark kneels down to hug them all, he looks so happy to see them again. Tim's wife comes up to Mark, with a child of about 3 years old, Mark gets up and takes the child in his arms. Mark approaches Diana with the child.

"This is my goddaughter, Angela, she is 3 years old, do you say hello to Diana, Angel?" Said Mark to his little protégé, Angela shyly looks at Diana and buries her face in the crook of Mark's neck. Diana smiles at her, she's so cute.

"Okay, let's have an appetizer before we go eat." Said Frank going towards the buffet, Diana and Mark look at each other lovingly hoping that everything will be okay.

~!~

The evening starts very well, Mark's family seems to like Diana, they were not surprised that Diana is the WWF medical assistant that everyone has heard about recently. They had all heard that Mark was dating someone but didn't know it was true because Mark was a ladies man, he liked to flirt with women and even sleep with them. Mark told them that he didn't want them to meet Diana right away since they had only been together for a few days, but since his mother called him over for a family dinner, he was stuck. They wanted to know things about her, to know her, where she comes from, what studies she did, etc... She notices quite quickly that Mark is very close to his brothers even if they don't see each other much. a lot since he is still at work most of the time.