Chapter 12: A new beginning

This afternoon, she went shopping to clear her head, she can't believe what she did, she just left Jason on her birthday. She was brave enough to finally leave him. She feels sad at the same time because it is a page that is turned, she hopes that he will accept her decision and leave her alone.

~!~

Diana makes her way to the arena with her head bowed, tears streaming down her cheeks. She ignores the curious looks who wonder what's wrong with her. She enters the treatment room where she joins her colleague and friend, Larry. "Happy Birthday Dia- how are you?" Said Larry seeing Diana who didn't look well, frowning. She collapses in Larry's arms in tears, Larry rubs her back, trying to comfort her. "I...I left Jason..." She announced not having the strength to calm down, Larry smiled sadly but also reassured that she had succeeded in leaving him. This man was not for her. "I think it's better Diana, don't worry..." he said before cupping her face in his hands and wiping away her tears with his thumbs. "...you are a beautiful woman, you will find better than him." He added, giving her a reassuring look.

She can't stop crying, she finally escaped from Jason's grip. She tried to calm herself down so she could start working but Larry told her to go and freshen up her face first.

She goes to the bathroom, turns on the tap and takes water in her hands to refresh herself. She thinks back on what Taker said, it was partly because of him that she realized what Jason was doing was not normal behavior for a fiancé. It was because of Taker that she saw life differently. The life of a free person.

She hears the show start, she closes the tap and leaves the bathroom.

She was on her way to join Larry when she saw Taker with his big black robe, he is heading towards his ministry, she decided to see him. "Taker?" She calls out to him. Taker turns around and sees Diana who looked like she was crying. Taker also still seems in a bad mood this morning with Jason, he has his lower lip split from the fight but luckily nothing is broken. "I...I'm sorry about what happened this morning..." she said sadly, lowering her head but Taker made her look up and put his hand on her chin so she looked at him in the the eyes.

"It's not your fault. I don't blame you" he reassured trying not to look pissed off again but his eyes couldn't lie. "And thank you." She said smiling weakly, Taker frowned wondering why he was getting thanks. "For ?" He asked, looking at her puzzled. "For opening my eyes to my relationship with Jason...I...I left him this morning." She announced, Taker is still watching her; holding his hand now. "You'll be better off without him, he doesn't deserve your tears, your joys, your smile. Don't be sad it's over, be happy because your ordeal is over." He said before kissing her hand and going to see his Ministry.

~!~

After the show was over, Larry asked Diana to wait for him to come back to the hotel, they packed everything in their suitcases and walked across the parking lot to the car. As soon as they lock the truck, Larry tells Diana that he forgot to tell her that Vince wanted to see her before they go back to the hotel. Diana and Larry return to the arena in search of Vince. They are about to enter a room with swinging doors. Diana opens it and...

" SURPRISE BIRTHDAY !!! "

A huge smile begins to form on Diana's face, she puts her hand over her mouth, not believing that the WWF had organized a small buffet for her birthday.

She hugs everyone, happy they all thought about her birthday, today wasn't an easy day but they made her smile again.

She feels loved in her work, she has never had so many people who love her. Vince walks up to her and hugs her. "Happy Birthday Diana." Said Vince looking at her proudly, very happy with her work since she's been here. "Thank you, Vince, thank you all." She said almost having tears of joy in her eyes. Linda, Vince's wife arrives with a magnificent cake with candles. "Make a wish." Said Vince's wife as she closed her eyes for a few seconds and blew out the candles to the applause of her colleagues. The birthday party began, Diana, dancing, singing and laughing with her colleagues. She is already beginning to forget her breakup; she finally lives her life as a free woman.