Chapter 15: Unexpected guest

Taker wakes up when he hears noises upstairs, he analyzes where he is and notices that he is lying on the couch with Diana in his arms. They have fallen so asleep that they are comfortable in each other's arms, Taker loosens his arms around Diana and tries to get up without waking Diana who is sleeping peacefully. He goes to the kitchen and takes his weapon which is above the refrigerator, he loads it and climbs slowly.

Taker walked slowly, checked all the rooms and ended up checking his room. He opens the door and sees his broken window, the stone that broke the window is on the ground. He looks out the window, looks outside if he sees anything suspicious. He can't see anything near or far, but he knows the stone didn't land by magic.

Suddenly he runs when he hears Diana screaming, he goes down the stairs and sees someone escaping from the house, he aims at the burglar and shoots 3 times, a bullet lodges in his arm but he manages to escape.

He walks into the house and sees Diana scared under the living room table, he takes her hand to lift her up and hugs her. "It's over, he's gone. Did he hurt you?" He asked looking at her, rubbing his hand along her back to reassure her. "No, I'm fine." She said looking at him with eyes full of tears, he trails his hand along her back to calm her down, Taker doesn't know who it was, the man was wearing black and a balaclava but how did- he knew there was a house in the forest? Either it's someone Taker knows or Diana was being followed.

"I know this is going to sound weird to you, but can I have sleep with you? I don't want to sleep alone..." she asked closing her eyes, her cheek pressing against Taker's chest before looking at his green eyes. Taker looks at her, takes her hands and kisses them. "If you feel safe, you can." he said.

~!~

Taker takes her hand and accompanies her into the bedroom, he rummages in his wardrobe for a t-shirt to lend her for the night, he lends her a big gray t-shirt, and she thanks him and goes to the bathroom to change.

During her shower, she still thinks about what happened, she's scared. She is afraid that it was Jason who followed her here and hurt her. Jason is capable of anything to make his life hell.

As soon as she's finished changing, she leaves the bathroom while Taker is still at the window, his hands on the edge of it. "Do you think it was Jason?" she asked, rubbing her arms in stress as Taker turned to her as she got under the covers. "If it's him, I'll kill him! How dare he come to my house. But don't worry..." He said annoyed at what just happened but regained his composure when he realized, he exhaled loudly as he approached her, took her hands and looked her straight in the eye. "Jason or not, I'll protect you from everyone." he said, kissing her on the forehead.

She smiles at him, lays back and closes her eyes as Taker takes off his shirt, throws it in the laundry basket, then takes off his pants but puts on sweatpants so as not to embarrass Diana too much the next day. He joins her under the covers, turns off the lamp and lies down next to her. Diana feels Taker's arms wrap around her waist, she feels Taker's warm breath near her ear and her back is pressed against his chest, they are so close but Diana doesn't mind. She knows that Taker won't try anything and won't force anything, he has always been kind, gentle and respectful towards her, he proves to her several times that she can be safe with him and he proved her again tonight.