[♦️Heated Arguments]

Natasha's Pov

I watched through watery eyes as Wanda walked out the door and slam it on the way out. We had just gotten into a heated argument. A argument about me leaving for a solo mission in two days time. The problem was that I had promised her no more missions for a while but unfortunately Nick called earlier today and told me I was assigned to a solo mission to retrieve stolen weapons from a hydra base. Harsh things were said. Things that we didn't mean but the prominent thing was that I had broken my promise to her and I hated it. I hated that out of everyone, I was responsible for the tears that streamed down her face. I hated that I was the one responsible for her heavy sobs that seemed to be replaying on repeat in my mind. That's the thing about Wanda, when she gets too upset she would start crying so much so that it would be impossible for her to form coherent sentences and I - Natasha Romanoff had gotten her so upset that she started crying and couldn't stop so she had to leave for some air.

"God you are impossible, Wanda!" I groaned out.

"I'm impossible? You promised me!" Wanda yelled, her accent coming out and tears threatening to spill from her big green eyes.

"I know that but there's nothing I can do about it! It's my job. You knew what being an Avenger entails when we started dating!" I shot back, my anger bubbling to the surface.

"Can't they send someone else to go?" She asked, her voice cracking.

"No, Wanda. They can't. They need me and Nick said this one is highly classified. This is important! Why don't you see that?!"

"I'm important too!" She countered through her sobs, "I'm important too! I sit and worry about you every time you go out on the field! Everytime you come back I have to take out a bullet of some sort that's lodged into you somewhere or patch up a bruise or clean blood off your hair! Or -"

"So don't then! Don't worry about me! Don't look after me then if that's all you're concerned about! I don't want to burden you. I don't need you to do all that stuff for me!" I yelled out before I could stop myself. A loud sob came from Wanda at the words.

"That's not what I meant and you know it! Right now it feels like you're putting being a hero before us!" She said.

"Yeah well, not everyone has the ability to just up and leave their entire life behind!" I yelled. Regret immediately filled me after those words left my mouth. Wanda didn't say anything and just stared at me. Her usual soft green eyes now coated with pure rage.

"You know what? I'm going to go then come back when I'm ready. Don't follow me." Wada said leaving the kitchen.

"No, Wanda, Wait!" I yelled after her but I was too late. She was already gone.

Everything in me was screaming to go find her, kiss her and apologize in so many different ways but she had asked for space so that's what I'm going to give her but I was going to make it up to her though when she returned. I was determined to fix things between us. I wasn't going to let this come between us because I love her with everything in me and I would be damned if I let her go because of this so I decided to clean up a little around the apartment and wait for her.

I waited.

I waited.

And I waited.

My phone vibrated next to me waking me up. A message from Tony about absolutely nothing important. Taking a look at my surroundings I saw I was covered in a blanket. Wanda must have came back while I was asleep last night. I got up and used the guest bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face then went to go make breakfast. I made flower - shaped pancakes with a bowl of mixed fruit and coffee then knocked softly on the bedroom door.

I heard a faint 'come in' and I opened the door then headed over to my sleepy girlfriend with the tray full of food.

"Hey, my love." I greeted her with a soft smile. Wanda sat up from the bed, rubbing her red puffy eyes with a yawn. Gosh, I really hated that I made her cry.

"Hey, Tasha." Came her tired reply.

I held up the tray of food and she smiled and patted the space next to her on the bed. I headed over to the bed and carefully placed the tray on my side of the dresser and sat on the bed. With a sigh I wrapped my arms tightly around her and I felt her slump against me. After enjoying each other's company and comfort for a few minutes I pulled back and kissed her both her tired eyes. The same eyes I fell in love with all those years ago. The ones that captured my heart and held it hostage.

"I'm so sorry, my love," I apologized softly, "I'm so sorry for making you cry. I hurt you and it was not my intention at all."

"I'm sorry too." She said.

"No you don't need to be sorry," I told her, "You were right. I broke my promise to you and I ignored your concerns. You're right to feel worried about me because I worry about you too. I really hate that I broke my promise to you and I hate that out of everyone, I made you cry."

"I know and it's okay, " Wanda replied, "And Nat, you're not a burden. You could never be a burden to me. You know I love taking care of you. There's nothing I'd rather do."

"I know sweetheart, I know. How about this? I go on this mission then I talk to Fury about teaching new S.H.E.I.L.D agents and working in the weapons department instead. No missions unless it's a level 7 mission." I suggested.

"Are you sure you're okay with that?" She asked and I nodded wholeheartedly.

"Honestly, I am. Plus I get to spend more time with my pretty girl and keep her happy. I'll be happy to do it." I replied. Wanda smiled at me with a slight blush. She always loved it when I called her that.

"And besides, you made compromises when you agreed to move out of the compound and start your new life here with me in our home. It's only fair I get to do the same." I told her.

"Thank you, Tasha." She said.

"Anything for you, baby. Now let's eat before our food gets too cold." I told her. We both sat up and I placed the tray of food between us as we started eating breakfast.

Keeping my promise to Wanda, After returning from the successful mission I spoke to Fury about being assigned to level 7 missions only. The man wasn't happy about it but he eventually agreed. I woke up everyday next to the love of my life and came home to her every night without any fear or worry for her well-being or her for my well-being because like I said, anything for my pretty girl.

>>>