[♦️Ultron's Back Pt 1]

3rd person

The red lights from Tony's security system flickered furiously throughout the dimly lit lab. The alarm system blaring loudly throughout the whole compound. Hurrying down to the lab, Tony urgently started typing away, trying to find out what was wrong.

"Jarvis, talk to me." He demanded from the A.I

"I cannot, Sir. My system has been breached and compromised. All my firewalls seem to be down." Jarvis informed. Tony raised his brows at the A.I in confusion.

"Gotta give me more than that, buddy. Come on." Tony pressed, fearing the worst. The last time Jarvis's system was compromised, Ultron was behind it all.

"No, that can't be. You're telling me -" Tony rambled in disbelief.

"I'm afraid Ultron has returned, Sir." Jarvis said. Tony froze at the words. His whole body went static and numb. Vivid memories of the destruction of Sokovia recrudesced in his mind as his chest tightened, like his lungs were being squeezed out of his chest cavity. The memories were like a ghost haunting him. All the homes that were destroyed, all the lives he could not save, all those thousands of displaced innocent lives and it was because of him. It was all his fault, he built Ultron, after all.

"Sir, might I suggest you sit down. You seem to be having a slight panic attack." Jarvis advised.

"Yeah, thanks, buddy." Tony barely let out. He fumbled around his table, knocking over some of his work off in the process.

Sighing in relief as he found a chair, he then focused all his energy on breathing, trying to get his heart rate back to normal.

"Ultron is back? Are we sure about this? I mean Wanda kind of -"

"I am fairly certain , Sir." Jarvis confirmed, "He must have found a way to get himself back online. It's not entirely impossible. Wanda only destroyed his physical body. We don't know what happened."

"Can't. It's impossible. If he is back then he has to be working with someone." Tony rambled on, so deep and too consumed with his thoughts.

"That may well be, Sir but you and I both know the only person who has ever been able to bypass my firewalls and take over my subconscious is Ultron. Besides you, he will remain the only person who can do this kind of damage to me." Jarvis said.

"Alright, let's get everyone in here. " Tony instructed.

"Right away, Sir."

Meanwhile in garden of the compound:

Wanda, Nat and Yelena sat on the grass in the garden. Wanda and Yelena watched as Natasha played with their 6 month old baby girl not so far away. Little giggles came from both girls as they continued to roam around the garden, happy in their own little world.

"I have never seen her so happy." Yelena commented, smiling gently as she stared at her sister. Wanda chuckled beside her.

"That can't be true." Wanda replied.

"Please, last time she was this happy was on your wedding day. Even though she was so scared I thought she was gonna pee herself." Yelena replied with a laugh, recalling what a nervous wreck her sister was on her wedding day.

"Natasha Romanoff and the word scared should not be in the same sentence." Wanda laughed.

"I have so many videos," Yelena continued, " Hey, Yelena, does my hair look okay? Hey, Yelena, do you think everything is going well downstairs? Hey, Yelena, could you please read over my vows again and make sure they're prefect?" Yelena imitated her sister and Wanda laughed.

"Okay but to be fair, I did the same with Sam." Wanda said.

"Oh trust me, we know. He went and told everyone." Yelena said. Yelena felt something on her legs. Looking down, she saw that her niece had crawled over to her and was pulling her pants to get her attention.

"Hey, squirt!" Yelena exclaimed. Little Diana's big green eyes lit up at the attention. Small giggles erupting from her as she continued to pull at Yelena.

"Alright, Alright! you're just like your Mama, you know." Yelena said laughing.

"Hey! Would be a damn shame if she wasn't." Natasha said with a proud smirk. Yelena shook her head as she pick up her niece, running off with her in her arms. Natasha sat on the grass with her head on her wife's lap. Wanda smiled as she ran her hands through Natasha's hair.

"Hey." Wanda whispered.

"Hi, baby." Natasha replied, her eyes shut as she enjoyed the warmth of the sun on her face.

"I see you worked up quite the sweat with Diana." Wanda teased and Natasha smiled.

"She is relentless, that one. And she still has the energy to move onto Yelena. " Nat laughed.

"We probably should have warned her before, huh?" Wanda said.

"She'll be alright." Natasha replied. The two returned to comfortable silence, basking in the sun and each other's presence. A wave of calm above them as they embraced the silence and peace they were both feeling at the moment. It wasn't always this peaceful. Their daily lives being full of busy schedules, work and taking care of Diana which was a delight for both but sometimes, let's just say their daughter was not always this happy.

"I love you." Natasha spoke into the silence and no matter how many years they have know each other, Wanda's heart always skipped a beat at the confession. Wanda smiled down at her wife.

"I love you too, Angel." Wanda replied, planting a soft kiss on her Wife's delicate lips. From a far distance, the cries of her daughter could be heard, pulling them back to reality. Yelena sprinted toward them in panic.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. We were playing then she started crying and -" Yelena rambled.

"It's okay, Yel. She's probably hungry or something. It's almost time to get her fed anyway." Wanda said, calming the young Russian down. Taking a deep breath, she nodded as she handed her niece over to her mother.

"She didn't fall, I promise." Yelena blurted.

"Hey, she's alright. Come on, sit down." Natasha said calmly.

"Kids freak me out, man!" Yelena said sitting down. Natasha laughed at the reaction, her sister always panicked when Diana cried. Next to them, Wanda tried to breastfeed her hysterical daughter but Diana just pushed her face away. When it was apparent that hunger wasn't the reason for the hysteria, Wanda stood up and started walking around the garden, trying to calm her down.

"Come on, baby. Mommy's right here." Wanda cooed. Diana then put her hand on her mother's cheeks. and that's when Wanda saw it. The blinking security lights, the blaring alarm system in Tony's lab, Tony's panic attack.

"Nat!" She called but was cut off by Jarvis's loud voice.

"Mr Stark would request all avengers to the conference room. It is a matter of urgency." He informed.

Wanda was stunned as to what just happened - how her daughter was able to communicate and project to her telepathically. It shouldn't have come as a surprise, she was The Scarlet Witch after all. The three of them then entered the compound with Diana now babbling in Wanda's arms.

Everyone was there -even Peter and Kate. Tony was pacing around the room, barely able to gather the chaos of thoughts running through his mind.

"Tony, what is it?" Steve asked.

"Well, there's no other way to say this. Ultron is back. He's back online." He informed everyone.

>>>

request by @LeaCamps