[♦️High school AU]

POV: High school AU

>>>

Natasha Pov

Bruce captured my lips in yet another hungry kiss, his hands unable to let go of my body.

"Hold on, hold on," I breathed out in between the kiss. He let out a whine at the interruption.

"We have to go. The bell's about to ring," I whisper.

"We can just hide here," he says, pulling me to him, "Or get out of here. Nobody would notice anyway."

I pull his boxers and jeans back up.

"We can't, baby. Put your shirt back on, we have to go," I say, handing him his shirt that was discarded on the floor. He huffs, grumbling under his breath. I watch his muscles flex as he puts his shirt on, his body sweating from earlier. I see him grin at me and roll my eyes. I begin fixing myself as well.

I peek out from the slightly ajar door of the janitor's closet, scanning the hallway. Seeing that the coast is clear, Bruce and I step out, seamlessly blending in with the rest of the students. We head to my locker, where Bruce hands me his textbooks for safekeeping. Suddenly, a loud noise echoes through the hallway, and I instantly know it's Steve and Tony making their entrance.

"Yo, Bruce! We gotta bounce!" Tony yells.

"Yeah, Coach Rhodey is waiting," Steve adds. Without a second thought, Bruce dashes towards them.

"What about lunch?" I call after him.

"Sorry. Coach needs me," he shouts back, already disappearing into the crowd.

A pang of disappointment hits me as his words sink in. It's clear where his priorities lie - with his coach, his team, his friends. And though I understand, it doesn't lessen the sting.

I shake off the feeling, reminding myself that this is just how things are. But as I close my locker and head to my next class, I can't help but wish that things were different.

As I turn to close my locker, I collide with a tall figure. I look up to see her leaning against my locker, effectively trapping me between the cold metal and her body.

I sigh, rolling my eyes. "No, Wanda," I say, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Oh, come on, princess," Wanda retorts, her voice low and smooth. She's so close that I can smell her perfume - a sweet, intoxicating scent that makes my head spin.

Why does she have to smell so good?

I mentally chastise myself as I realize I've been caught in her captivating emerald gaze.

My heart races as she moves closer, towering over me. I blush when I catch her staring at me. Why was I feeling like this? Why did my body react this way whenever Wanda was near me? It should be Bruce who makes my heart race, not Wanda. The thought of Bruce causes me to turn away and gently push her back.

"Besides, I have plans," I lie to her, hoping she doesn't see through my facade.

"Don't lie to me, princess. I know he ditched you. Again," Wanda says, her grip firm on my hand as I attempt to walk away. I turn to face her, trying to keep my composure.

"He didn't ditch me. He has football practice. There's a big game this weekend, you know," I retort, hoping my voice sounds more confident than I feel.

"Will you come cheer for me at my game too?" Wanda asks, a hint of excitement in her voice. I look at her, considering her request.

"If I say yes, will you let me go?" I ask, trying to keep my voice steady. She nods, her eyes never leaving mine.