[♦️Grieving ]

3rd Person Pov

Wanda lay in her bed silently crying. After her brother's death she was absolutely heartbroken. Pietro and her had just been reunited only for him to get shot multiple times in the back and die. Now she had no one. Her parents were dead, her brother was dead and she was stuck with powers that she didn't even want. Okay so maybe she wasn't completely alone because she had her girlfriend Natasha who would do anything for her but she hid her suffering from her girlfriend because she didn't want to be a burden. Natasha had her own problems to deal with and Wanda wasn't going to add more.

The team had been nothing but good to her. They tried everything they could to ensure that she felt welcomed and comfortable around them and the compound and she was greatful for that, for all the effort they put into making sure she was okay but that still did nothing to erase the aching pain from her heart that radiated through to her whole body. So because she didn't want to seem unappretiative, she grieved for her brother in silence, at night in her room when she was all alone.

Natasha was doing her nightly safety patrol around the compound. She hated feeling unsafe especially during the night so every night while everyone was asleep, she would patrol the compound, secure the perimeter and make sure all the security measures that were meant to protect everyone were working when she heard the cries from Wanda's room. She knocked on the door and when she got no answer she tried again.

"Hey, Wands. It's Nat, I'm coming in, okay?" Nat said through the door before opening it. The sight before her broke her heart. She knew Wanda was struggling and she felt so stupid for not realizing just how bad she was actually struggling. Wanda quickly cleared her throat and wiped away her tears.

"Hey, Nat." Came Wanda's fragile voice.

"Hey, sweetheart. Can I sit?" Natasha asked. Wanda moved over and made space for her on the bed. Natasha made her way over to the bed and sat next to her girlfriend. She opened her arms and Wanda happily jumped into her girlfriends arms.

"Talk to me, Dekta. What's wrong?" Nat mumbled against the brunette's hair.

"Nothing. You know me, just overly emotional." Wanda replied shrugging.

"Wanda, I know you. It's not nothing if it's making you cry so try again." Nat said. Wanda sighed because she knew Natasha was telling the truth. Her girlfriend knew her better than herself sometimes. She should have known she wasn't going to believe nothing was wrong.

"Fine. It's my brother." Wanda admitted.

"I'm listening." Nat said.

"I just miss him so much. I know this sounds weird but Pietro and I have always shared a bond. We knew what the other was feeling, what the other was thinking. Maybe it was twin thing, I don't know. And after he died, I just felt so empty. Everything just became so hallow. I'm trying to grieve and move on but some days are just harder than others. " Wanda explained.

"I'm sorry, Wanda. I honestly can't imagine how you must be feeling right and I'm really sorry about your brother. But you don't have to be grieving all alone. You have the team and you have me. You can hold onto me for as long as you need. Grief isn't linear. Some days are going to be harder than others and I want to help you through those days, can I do that?" Nat asked softly against her girlfriend's soft curls. She felt Wanda sniff and nod against her. The two woman settled in comfortable silence before slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Wanda." A voice so soft called. So soft that she would have thought she didn't hear it but the voice called again and Wanda kwew that voice anywhere.

"Wanda." Pietro called. As soon as
she located where her brother was in their Sokovian home, she sprinted towards him and pulled him into a suffocating hug.

"You're here, brother! You're here! I missed you so much!" She mumbled.

"I know, I missed you too." Pietro answered, never pulling away from his sister.

"Come on, let's go for a walk. You can tell me all about your life as an avenger." He suggested. With a nod the two went on their walk as Wanda caught Pietro up on her life.

"So, Nat, huh?" Pietro asked with a smirk, shoving his sister with his shoulders and this caused Wanda to smile and her cheeks to turn as red as a rose.

"Shut up!" Wanda giggled.

"How in the world did you manage that?" He teased.

"Oh, God!" She said, putting her hands over face to hide how embarrassingly red she had become.

"Wasn't easy, I can tell you that." Wanda murmured.

"I can imagine." Pierto said.

"Wanda?" Pierto asked.

"Yeah?" Wanda replied.

"Not that I'm complaining but why am I here?" Pietro asked. Wanda stopped dead in her tracks. She didn't say anything though, she just stood there.

"I know you brought me here. There has to be a reason -"

"There doesn't have to be a bloody reason, Pietro! I just missed you! I just wanted to talk to you, to hug you again. It's hard without you, Pietro." Wanda yelled.

"I know sis, but you can't keep doing this. You can't keep bringing me here. It only does more damage than good, for you and for me. It's preventing you from moving on." Pietro said, voicing out his concerns.

"I know and trust me, I'm trying to get to a point where I can think about you without it ripping my heart apart, okay. I'm trying to get to a point where I can say your name out loud without it hurting so much. I'm trying!" Wanda sobbed.

"I know you are. I'm always going to be here for you. Remember what we always say, it's just us. Even if I'm not physically next to you I'll forever look and watch over you because I'll forever be in your heart, Wanda. You know me, I'm like that one zit that won't quit, Always there no matter what." Pietro said smiling and Wanda laughed.

"Sis, you have to let me go. You have to free me so we both can find peace. I don't regret protecting Clint. I'd do it all over again if I could. I made my choice, I'm just fine with it. I know it's hard, we weren't ready to lose each other but you can do it. I have faith in you. You're strong, always have been between the two of us. You're strong enough to get through this but you have to let me go." Pietro said hugging his sister once again.

"I'll try." Wanda said with a sigh.

"It's getting late, I should go. But Nat? She loves you, make sure you're good to her. She's a keeper." He advised.

"Hey, you're supposed to say if she breaks my heart you'll haunt her forever, you're my brother!" Wanda whined and pietro laughed.

"You're her girlfriend, you haunt her enough as it it." He teased and Wanda playfully shoved him away.

"Okay but seriously, I mean it. She's good for you." Pierto said and wanda smiled.

"Thank you, brother." Wanda replied. Pietro started walking away fading into the distance.

"Also, tell Clint not to be so hard on himself over what happened. He genuinely didn't see that coming." Pietro yelled before completely fading away.

Wanda was woken up by someone gently shaking her by the shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay? You were talking in your sleep I thought it was a nightmare or you were hurt somehow." Nat said softly to her girlfriend who moved so that her head was on Nat's chest.

"No, it wasn't a nightmare. It was actually a good one this time." Wanda replied.

"Okay, good. Promise you're okay?" Nat asked Wanda nodded. She was okay. She smile as she lifted her head up and pulled her girlfriend in for a loving kiss, pouring all her love and admiration into it. She pulled back and stared at her girlfriend's soft gentle green eyes before saying,

"Nothing could ever hurt when I'm alone with you, Nat."

>>>