[♦️Too Much]

3rd Person Pov

Natasha had been having a terrible couple of weeks but this day had to be one of the worst days of her life. Firstly, she woke up from a horribly vivid nightmare. One that completely shattered her mental health and selfishly took away all her progress. In her nightmare she was back in the red room being punished for insubordination while being reminded she has no place in the world. Usually she was able to shake off such a dream and not let it get under her skin but for some reason, she couldn't this time. Talking to her girlfriend Wanda about it would only make matters worse as Wanda would worry so Natasha put on a fake smile and pretend to be okay as she and her girlfriend got ready for work.

Work wasn't that much better either. On top of feeling mentally suffocated, she spent the whole day running after S.H.I.E.L.D agents who had incomplete mission reports, had to do weapon inventory all alone and when some small terrorist group decided to barge in guns blazing into S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters, she had to be the one to take care of the situation.

The events of the day left her physically and mentally exhausted. It was a miracle how she got home because everything hurt. Her whole body was just one big, constant ache. It hurt to think, it hurt to breathe, it hurt to move. Every muscle in her body cried out in agonizing pain. She felt numb but also pain at the same time. It was so confusing. She didn't do much when she go home, just threw herself on the nearest couch and let out a deep and heavy sigh. She lay there just staring at the ceiling. She couldn't fall asleep, it was still too early and she couldn't sleep without her girlfriend anyway so all she could do was lay there helplessly.

Wanda walked into her and Natasha's apartment and called out to her girlfriend like she usually did when she got home.

"Nat, I'm home!" Wanda called out but all she got back was a weird noise that sounded like a hum or something. She followed the sound which led her to the living room where her girlfriend lay on the couch staring at the ceiling still in her work clothes, dried tear stains on her cheeks. She put her work bag down and knelt next to her girlfriend next to the couch, softly smiling at her.

"Hey, Sweetheart. Rough day?" She asked softly. Natasha could only nod in response.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. How about I make you some food and run you a bath then we can cuddle and watch some Netflix. Will that make you feel better?" Wanda asked and again, she got a nod in response.

Wanda was quick to whip up some spaghetti and some sauce just how Nat likes it. After dinner, Wanda cleaned up then headed upstairs to prepare a bath for her girlfriend adding in all her favorite oils and lighting her favorite scented candles.

"Bath's ready, come on." Wanda told her girlfriend. She made Nat sit as she helped her out her work clothes. As she left she heard Nat's hoarse and tired voice call out to her for the first time tonight.

"Stay, get in with me."

Wanda smiled as she stripped out of her own clothes and climb into the bath with the redhead, holding her tight as she sank into the water and let it relax them both. Soon the water started to get cold so they got out and got ready for bed.

Nat lay her head on Wanda's chest as they settled down and watched Snowpiercer. Nat wasn't even watching, just enjoying the closeness and warmth from the brunette. She felt Wanda place a lingering kiss on her forehead and she leaned into it.

"Talk to me, love. What's wrong? I miss hearing your voice." Wanda spoke, a silent plead behind her soft gentle voice.

Nat sighed, "I'm just so tired. My body just hurts so much even breathing seems like an impossible task. I feel like everything is coming at me all at once and it's all too much. I feel like I'm drowning. Plus, the nightmares are back." Came Nat's fragile reply. Her voice cracking as hot tears pooled from her eyes and flowed down her cheeks.

She was never good with feelings. She was never one to admit she needed help or ask for it. It always made her feel vulnerable and she hated that feeling but right now - in this current situation, she let go and allowed herself to feeling everything she was feeling. Especially the vulnerability and there was no doubt in her mind that she knew Wanda understood. She knew Wanda wouldn't judge but most importantly, she knew Wanda would take care of her. She wasn't afraid to let Wanda see this side of her, she was the only one who did.

"I'm so sorry, Sweetheart. But you'll be okay, I promise. I'll help you with whatever you need." Wanda mumbled against Nat's hair, her hands gently caressing Nat's sides - something that always calmed Nat down.

"Okay." Nat whispered.

"And I'm gonna go Scarlet Witch crazy on Nick for overworking you" Wanda said and for the first time in weeks, Nat laughed. A genuine laugh.

"No, you don't need to do that. He's scared of you as it is." Nat said wiping away her fallen tears.

"Oh, he should be." Wanda said with a chuckle. She pulled Nat closer and wrapped her hands tightly around her.

"I'm not stupid enough to think how you're feeling is only job related. There's a mental aspect to how you're feeling, you're tired mentally too." Wanda said.

"So here's what we're going to do. I'm going to organize a leave of absence from work for a few days. We can sleep in, rest and do whatever you need for you to feel better and get back on your feet again." She suggested.

"Wanda, you don't have to." Nat replied.

"I know I don't but I want to, " Wanda countered, "I'm not letting you go through this alone."

"Thank you, baby." Nat murmered, burying her head in the crook of her girlfriend's neck.

"Of course. Now come on, try and get some sleep. Just close your eyes, I'm right here." Wanda said, running her hands through Nat's fiery red locks. Nat hummed in satisfaction as her body relaxed drifting off to sleep.

"I love you, Wands." Nat murmered sleepily. Wanda smiled as she whispered,

"I love you too, my love. I love you too."

>>>