[♦️Snowpiercer]

This is a crossover between Marvel and Snowpiercer (the series)

Natasha pov

I always wondered how the world would end. Maybe some kind of apocalypse, Robots taking over entire cities one by one, meteors, alien invasions and for a minute, just a minute I thought maybe Thanos was going to be it. I never thought it would be the Earth completely frozen over, barren and lifeless. Everything covered in layers and layers of hard and thick snow everywhere with temperatures averaging about -155°C. One thing that brought me joy and hope, even in this valley of darkness and death was that the world was ending yes but I lay here in her warm arms onboard Snowpiercer, all 1 044 cars long.

The Freeze took everyone by surprise. Nobody expected it. It snuck in like a thief in the night. One minute scientists were experimenting possible solutions to end global warming or possible solutions to cooling down the earth then the next, snow fell everywhere. It fell along costal regions, tropical rain forests, deserted Islands, in desert areas and even over the oceans. The snow covered every part of the Earth, eventually making it impossible for human life or any life for that matter to survive. Then our Billionaire Tony Stark and the world's greatest minds came together and created Snowpiercer - a train that would travel around the world with the remaining humans left on earth, piercing through the hard snow. What kept the train going? One huge engine called Engine Eternal. Well, Tony was always a dramatic one, wasn't he?

At first, nobody thought that his plan would work. In fact, a lot of people dismissed the idea. They couldn't understand how a simple train could possibly save humanity but to a lot of people, the train offered them hope. It was their one shot at surviving so they jumped at the opportunity to be onboard. I was fortunate enough to be on the train as one of their top Engineers but like everything in life, there was a flaw in Tony's plan - well in how he chose to run Snowpiercer.

He divided the train into 4 parts. First part was called 1st class. It was for those who could could pay the expensive tickets to actually be on the train. It was reserved for all his rich friends who preferred nothing but absolute luxury, even when the world was ending. Very shallow if you ask me. Then the second part was 2nd class. These were people who agreed to work on the train in order to get food and shelter from the train. 3rd part was for The Tallies. These were the people at the end of the train. They illegally boarded the train which means even though they were on the train, they got no food, no water and had to survive on whatever 1st class was willing to spare them. 4th part was for The engineers and hospitality aka my part. Obviously each class had their own food cars, their own medical cars, ect. But the Talllies? They got nothing. So they did what anyone would do, they revolted. They fought to be recognized and offered the same rights as anyone else. This led to violence and bloodshed just like any revolution untill their wishes were finally granted. They had the same rights, opportunities and supplies as everyone on the train which is how I came to meet her, Wanda.

Wanda was in 2nd class, working in the clinic when I met her. First few days I watched and observed from a distance. She was absolutely beautiful, no doubt about that but it was more than that. It was the way she worked people, how she kept a cool and level head even in a crisis, how she kept the faith and had a warm smile tugging at her lips every day. The day I finally spoke to her was one of the greatest ever. There are a lot of problems on this train but being with Wanda reduced these problems and made them insignificant. She was always able to somehow lift all the weight off my shoulders, make me smile, make me laugh. She made me feel everything all at once but in a good way.

So after a long day of driving Snowpiercer, I headed to my room where she was waiting for me, like she always was. But it wasn't that, it was how she looked at me everytime I returned. I suppose it was how her eyes lit up or how she visibly took a breath and relaxed when she saw me, I don't know but it made me feel good, made feel like I'm important, like I did or am doing something right.

"Hey, are you okay? It's been a bumpy ride today." She said, moving to make space for me on the bed. I sighed as I flopped on the bed beside her.

"It was but she held steady." I replied and Wanda laughed.

"She?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's what Melanie calles it up in Engineering. It kind of stuck with me." I told her. I stood up and took off my work clothes and changed into a baggy t-shirt and joined Wanda under the covers. We cuddled close as she delicately trailed circles on my stomach with her fingers.

"Do you think we'll ever get off this train? That we'll be able to return to normal?" Wanda whispered into the silence.

"I don't know, love. It's been 7 years since The Freeze. The snow left nothing to chance. Even if everything returned to normal, it won't be the same. This train, it traumatized people." I answered her.

"I guess that's true but no matter what happened or what happens, I'll always be greatful for you." Wanda said kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes as I leaned into her soft touch. I then turned to face her, planting a kiss on her lips.

"Me too, my love. Me too." I replied.

The journey on Snowpiercer was never going to be an easy one. Everyone knew that - whether they were 1st class or a Tallie. It was about surviving. It was about keeping alert and doing whatever you needed to make it through the day. One thing I never thought would happen was for me to find someone, someone who loves me flaws and all. I guess that's the thing about love. It can be found even in the hopeless of places. Even on Snowpiercer, all 1044 cars long.

>>>