[♦️Wanda Is Sick]

Pov: Nat bliped and Wanda opened the dark hold to try and get her back not knowing there would be physical consequences as well.

>>>

The night before had been a tough one. Wanda's doctors had to come resuscitate her twice. First, her body couldn't fight off a simple infection on it's own then failure to her pancreas, liver and kidneys followed. Now, her heart was slowly giving up too. Wanda's case was a baffling one. It all started out as a cold - one she thought she could shake off in a matter of days but it was clear the universe had other plans.

Wanda's whole skin had gone dry and pale - almost a milky color. Her once full, rosey cheeks had turned into hallow bone with pale, discolored skin barely covering them. There were large dark bags under her previously full of life emerald eyes. Her once plump pink lips had become dry, cracked and discolored. Her thin, fragile hair covered parts of her face. Her tired almost lifeless body lay in the hospital bed. She took short ragged breaths - almost gasping from time to time.

Natasha took her wife's hand in hers and brought it closer to her lips, placing a delicate kiss on Wanda's boney knuckles. Wanda slowly opened her eyes, seeing Natasha smile sadly down at her. She tried to smile back but it didn't even reach her eyes - it couldn't. Everything hurt. She was pulling on her last strings to even breathe but because she felt the soft, loving touch of the older woman - she smiled. As she shifted in her hospital bed, She scrunched her nose up as a powerful ache spread throughout her whole body, a wave of nausea washing over her, almost knocking her back down.

Natasha was quick to be up on her feet, helping her wife lay in a comfortable position.

"It's alright, Любовь моя (My love). Don't get up, It'll only hurt you further." Natasha softly instructed her wife. Wanda followed the instruction, slowly laying back in her bed.

"How are you feeling today, love? You had a rough night." Natasha asked.

Wanda carefully moved to make space for natasha on the bed. As hesitant as Natasha was she climbed and lay next to Wanda who rested her head on her chest and held her hand in hers.

Silence filled the room as Natasha and Wanda lay wrapped up closely in each other. Wanda's breathing began to even out - getting slower and slower. Natasha cast her eyes to her wife's heart monitor that indicated that Wanda's heart rate was slowly but surely slowing down.

"You're here. I'm alright." Wanda replied the previously asked question.

Natasha placed a soft kiss on Wanda's forehead as she lays back, her mind lost in thought. 

She gently moved a sleeping Wanda off her as she quietly left the room.

Outside, Natasha could hold the heartbreak in no longer as her knees gave in from beneath her and she fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. The reality was she was about to lose Wanda and there wasn't anything she could do about it. She sat there helpless on the floor as her whole body wracked and trembled with every sob.

Yelena sprinted across the hospital hallway towards her sister. She held her trembling body close to hers as she attempted to calm her sister down. She found herself at a loss for words as her sister continued to sob quietly in her arms because what can she say? Her heart broke in her chest for her sister and for herself too. Wanda might have been Natasha's wife but she was Yelena's best friend. Wanda was the only one who understood her peculiar personality - the only one who fully embraced it even when it seemed like her worst trait. Losing Wanda would be a bitter pill to swallow but right now, she had to be there for her sister.

"Shh, it's alright, Nat. It's alright, I've got you." Yelena crooned softly at her sister. This only seemed to make Natasha sob louder.

"She just keeps getting worse, Lena!" Natasha sobbed, "I don't know what the hell to do!"

The frustration crept in like a thief in the night as sadness became long forgotten.

"How are her doctors supposed to heal damage done by The Darkhold? How are they supposed to use science and technology to reverse all the physical effects of something completely unscientific like that, huh?" Natasha yelled in frustration through her heavy sobs.

"Hey, they're doing everything they can." Yelena said as she tried to steer her sister away from the dark thoughts looming around her head but like Thanos - they were inevitable.

"God, this is all my fault!" Natasha muttered.

"She opened the darkhold because of me - because I blipped and now she's laying in this damn - "

"Natasha, stop. Take a deep breath and listen to me very carefully right now." Yelena firmly instructed her sister. Natasha drew in a sharp, heavy breath in through her nose and exhaled rather loudly, as she tried to gather the little bit of sanity she had left. She lifted her tear filled gaze to her sister ready to listen as she had been previously instructed.

"Wanda is the most powerful Avenger. She is the ruler or destroyer of The Cosmos. She will get through this. She will get better. Do you understand me?" Yelena spoke firmly, full of hope. It still wasn't clear though whether she was trying to convince herself or her sister of that fact but she said the words anyway.

Natasha stayed silent in Yelena's arms needing the comfort. She attempted to reel in her thoughts. She didn't have time to wallow in her thoughts. Wanda and her sister needed her and now was not the time to be showing weakness. She finally stood up from the floor and wiped away her tears and put on her best fake smile.

"Thanks, Lena. " Natasha thanked her sister. Yelena offered Natasha a soft, sympathetic smile. She held out her hand for her sister to take - which Natasha welcomed then led them back to Wanda's room.

"Knock, knock, sis." Yelena said, entering the dimly lit hospital room. With the little energy she had left, Wanda slowly opened her eyes and turned her head towards the door to her sister in law and wife.

"Lena." Came the faintest, raspy voice from Wanda. The two made their way over to Wanda's bed. Yelena took out a neatly wrapped alligator from her gift bag.

"Look, it's a crocodile. " Yelena said, making a silly roar sound that made Wanda laugh a little. She immediately hissed after as a sharp pain burned throughout her chest.

"Don't make me laugh, it's an alligator." Wanda said. Yelena shrugged her shoulders.

"I knew that."

"Thank you, Lena."

One minute, Yelena was speaking softly with Wanda as Natasha watched them then the next, a code Blue was called.

Wanda was crashing.

Natasha paced up and down the hallway as her body shook with anxiety and worry. Her ears were still ringing with the deafening sound of the beeping monitor. She suddenly stopped as a spine chilling shiver radiated through out her whole body. A coldness that came from nowhere harshly invades her clothed skin and Her arms unfolded from her chest, feeling heavier than she remembered on her body.

She turned to look at Yelena to see whether she felt this too but Yelena stood silently and watched the door intensely. Natasha felt overwhelmed with confusion. Had Yelena not felt this? Had the whole hospital not felt much, much colder in that instant? Did she not have this gut wrenching feeling in the pit of her stomach? Had she not felt the feeling of -

The door to Wanda's room opened as Dr Cho walked out. Natasha and Yelena rushed over.

"I'm sorry, Nat. We did everything we could but her heart just couldn't take it anymore. We weren't able to revive her. She's gone." Doctor Cho informed them.

>>>

Not Natasha feeling Wanda die, chile. 👀