[♦️The Enhanced And Her Brother Pt 2]

A few days later and we had both been introduced to the rest of the Avengers. My brother was very excited to be surrounded by a bunch of superheroes.

I was watching him from my bedroom window as he followed Clint around, helping him set up for one of his archery lessons. I smiled as he totally missed his target but jump around happily and in awe at the way the arrow landed on the ground. Clint laughed as he picked up the arrow then helped him with his aim. My brother was smiling and happy and that was all I cared about.

A knock on my door interrupted me.

"Come in, Nat." I called out as I opened the door with a swift flick of my wrist.

"You know, I still want to know how you know it's me everytime I knock." She said chuckling as she walked in. I turned to smile at her as I went back to watching my brother.

"What are you doing?" She asked. I motioned for her to come over to the window and she smiled when she saw pietro hit the target this time.

"He seems so happy." She commented softly with a smile.

"Yeah, he does. It's the first time he actually hit the target all morning." I told her.

"Before I forget, Secretary Ross is downstairs and he wants to meet you. Nick has S.H.I.E.L.D business to take care off so Ross is here. Warning, he's a total asshole." Natasha informed me. My head turned to her as I giggled.

"Nat, you can't say that."

"It's the truth, though." Nat replied with a small laugh that had now grown to be one of my favorite sounds.

"Come on, let's go." She said. I followed behind her into the conference room and all the avengers were there (excluding Clint) and an old man with a worryingly slow heartbeat.

"Miss Maximoff, glad you could join us. Take a seat." The man said.

"So, getting straight to the point. The US president would like to make sure that you and your brother are not a threat to national security with your powers -

"My brother's 8. He's a kid." I scoffed.

"We can never be too sure about that. You still don't know the full extent of your powers yet. The Averagers took a huge gamble bringing you here. They should have alerted the authorities to handle the situation. You and your brother should have been questioned and tested so you could get full clearance. On top of that, you both aren't even US citizens - "

"Woah, questioned and tested? Come on, Ross." Steve chirped in.

"Yes, Rogers. We could be harboring weapons of mass distructions!"

"No! You don't get to speak about my brother like that!" I snapped at him. There was silence as everyone turned to look at me.

"You want to talk about weapons of mass destruction? Let's talk about the number of Hydra bases currently flourishing here in the US! The amount of Hydra experiments currently here in America!" I snapped at him. The room fell silent as the tension in the room grew thick. Everyone turned to me as I continued to snap at Ross.

"Ross, you know very well that the only reason you're here is because I'm the most complex hydra experiment you have encountered yet. You read my file and grew concerned when you read that I was by far their most successful and powerful creation and that scares you. But my brother? You leave him out of your agendas!"

"Ross, she's right. This is not how we do things." Steve spoke up again.

"Yes, well -"

"What if they both stayed here? Wanda can train and go on missions with us." Tony said looking at everyone.