[♦️A promise of forever ]

Natasha rushes into Yelena's room, slamming the door shut behind her. She paces frantically, her expression a mask of panic.

Yelena, engrossed in her mission report, looks up with a startled frown. "Ради Бога, Наташа! Что, черт возьми, с тобой не так? (For God's sake, Natasha! What the hell is wrong with you?)" she exclaims.

Natasha continues pacing, ignoring Yelena's outburst for a moment. Yelena tries to grab her attention again, her voice laced with concern,

"Natasha, what the hell did you do?"

Natasha takes a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "Okay, I told myself I wouldn't do this, but... I was minding my own business and I just couldn't help myself," she rambles, her voice cracking slightly.

"It was just there, and the next thing you know..." Her voice trails off. Yelena presses for an answer, "What, Natasha?"

Natasha's hand trembles as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small black box. With a shaky breath, she opens it, revealing a dazzling engagement ring.

A gasp escapes Yelena's lips as she stands up and rushes to her sister. She takes the box into her own hands, her eyes wide with surprise as she admires the ring.

The silence stretches, and Natasha's panic starts to creep back in. "This is bad, this is bad," she mutters, resuming her frantic pacing.

Yelena's initial shock gives way to a slow smile. " Ты серьезно относишься к этому? Ты на самом деле делаешь предложение? (Are you serious about this? Are you actually proposing?)" she asks, a hint of amusement dancing in her eyes.

Natasha simply nodded, unable to contain her own excitement. They launched into a tight hug, both giddy with the momentous occasion.

>>>

Natasha stirs awake to sunlight piercing through her eyelids. She instinctively turns to Wanda, nestled against her chest. Wanda's brunette hair, a tangled mess this morning, tickling Natasha's chin. A soft smile plays on Natasha's lips as she carefully brushes the hair away, her heart swelling with love. But then, a jolt of nervous energy surges through her. Today is the day. Today, she would ask Wanda to be hers forever.

Wanda stirs, muttering a sleepy "Morning, love." that sent shivers down Natasha's spine. Natasha forces a smile, her voice thick with unspoken emotions.

"Morning, beautiful."

Wanda's eyes flutter open, and a knowing glint flickered within them.

"You seem a million miles away this morning," she said, her voice laced with concern.

Natasha's breath hitches. Had Wanda guessed? A million anxieties swirl in her stomach, but seeing the love and warmth in Wanda's gaze calmed her racing heart.

"Just a lot on my mind today," Natasha replies, her fingers unconsciously brushing the hidden ring box beneath the covers.

The day stretches before her, a whirlwind of preparations and unspoken anticipation. Natasha winces, remembering the chaos that ensued when she'd tried to wrangle Clint into getting everyone to a surprise party for Steve. 'Maybe this won't be so bad,' she thought hopefully.

Wanda props herself up on her elbow, gazing at Natasha with a tenderness that makes Natasha's heart skip a beat.

"Why don't we go out tonight, love?" Wanda suggests, her voice laced with concern.

"We haven't had a proper date night in ages, and you seem like you could use a break from whatever's got you so on edge."

Natasha swallows the lump in her throat. Was this a stroke of luck or the universe throwing her a curveball? A hesitant smile graces her lips.